View Single Post
Old 28th May 2011, 04:21 PM

Jetconnect B738 ZK-ZQC – QF43 to Auckland

China Southern B772ER B-2055 – CZ302 to Guangzhou (mustn’t have been able to get out last night before the curfew)

Wanted to wait for Aerolineas Argentinas to depart, but her departure wasn’t showing up on the screens, so said goodbye to Adam and was about to go down the lift when I saw the Etihad and Virgin Atlantic A346s being towed over to the international so thought I’d stay another 5 minutes and get some photos

Etihad A346 A6-EHH – Being towed to the international

Virgin Atlantic A346 G-VSSH – Being towed to the international

Ok so said goodbye to Adam again and went to the train station to get a train to St James. Just before I got in the lift I saw Aerolineas fly over the airport, knew she would land on RWY34L like all the others so I wouldn’t see the arrival, had a look at the screens and she would park at the other side of the terminal so I wouldn’t see her.

Sydney

Bought my ticket, and caught a train at about 1pm. About a 20 minute trip to St James, walked to the centrepoint tower, after about 10 minutes of looking for the entrance in the shopping centre I found it. Bought my ticket and got the lift up.
Awesome views of Sydney from centrepoint tower, stayed up for nearly an hour enjoying the views of Sydney. Here is some photos, also got a few photos of some departures from Sydney Airport.

Looking out to the Harbour Bridge and Opera House

Sydney Aquarium, Sydney Wildlife World and Anzac Bridge

Sydney Airport

Qantas A388 VH-OQB – QF11 to Los Angeles

Sydney Football Stadium (SFS) and Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG)

Aerolineas Argentinas A343 LV-ZRA (I think, can anyone confirm?) – AR1183 to Buenos Aires via Auckland

Virgin Australia B738 VH-YFC – DJ947 to Brisbane

So once I thought I had seen everything and got enough photos I caught the lift back down. Walked to St James Train station and saw behind the entrance St James church, I walked over to it and grabbed some photos, looked very nice.

Ok so after all that I walked down to the train station, bought a ticket to Circular Quay and waited for a train, think it was about a 5 minute wait. Circular is the next station after St James, after the 2-3 minute train ride I got off and saw the magnificent view off Sydney Harbour, grabbed a bite to eat and sat in front of the Opera House. Once I’d finished I had a walk around the Opera House and then walked back past the train station and over to the bridge. Here are a few photos.

Got heaps but only going to show a few.

Opera House

Sydney Harbour Bridge from the Opera House

View of the Opera House from the other side