View Single Post
Old 6th April 2017, 04:49 PM

If you're arriving at domestic then there's a good place at the end of one of the piers in T2 which gives a great view of one of the parallel runways (usually for the heavier aircraft) and you're also opposite the international terminal. You'll also see pretty much all the taxying aircraft from here. If I'm flying domestic I usually arrive a few hours early and go and sit up there to spot whilst awaiting my flights. There's also a little coffee stand there too.

If you're interested in the general aviation area then it's a walk of about fifteen to twenty minutes from T2/T3. You just walk out in the direction of the traffic leaving domestic. Be sure to be on the right hand pavement heading away from the terminals. Before the main intersection (you'll see the traffic lights as you approach) turn right into Ross Smith Avenue and walk past the Ibis Budget and McDonald's and you'll see the general aviation area on your right.

Though the train between Domestic and International is far quicker than the 400 bus the benefit of going on the bus is that the road goes around the perimeter fence so you get to see some aircraft that have been parked away from the gates and also pass by the cargo area (just past the end of the runway).