View Single Post
Old 5th September 2013, 02:02 PM

Default Trip Report: QF, JQ and VA BNE-MEL-SYD-CBR-SYD-BNE (Photos)

Introduction:

Well with the Qantas Boeing 737-400s on the way out I thought it was time to get a few more flights on them. I have only flown on two Qantas B734s, TJR from BNE-CBR and TJF CBR-BNE back in 2007. I was looking at all my option and came up with a good route. On Saturday 31 August I would fly from BNE-MEL on QF615 operated by a Boeing 737-400. After 2 hours in MEL I would fly from MEL-SYD on JQ518 operated by an Airbus A321, first time on an A321! I would stay the night in Sydney and then fly from SYD-CBR the following day on QF787 operated by a Boeing 737-400 and then fly back in the afternoon on QF562, another Boeing 737-400! Then I would return to BNE on VA985 operated by a Boeing 737-800.

I booked the Qantas flights as a multi-city booking, BNE-MEL/SYD-CBR-SYD. It was a bit over $300 (pretty good price for the 3 Qantas flights); I used all my QFF points which got the price down to $240. The Jetstar flight was only $60 and the Virgin flight cost me nothing! Because I used my velocity FF points. After booking the hotel I was all set!

Brisbane Airport:

I arrived at the airport at about 8:30am for the 10am departure. I checked in for the flight and then made my way up to the boarding gates. My flight was boarding through Gate 22, so I found a good spot and waited for my plane to arrive. At about 9am, TJX arrived from Melbourne!

TJX comes into my gate

Tigerair A320 VH-VNQ

‘Stawell’ being prepared for the trip to MEL

At about 0930 boarding commenced, I was one of the first to board.

August 31, 2013
Qantas
QF615
BNE-MEL
VH-TJX B734
Seat 18F

Onboard in Seat 18F, good to be back on a classic 737!

Holding short of RWY01 for a Singapore A330 to land

Lining up on RWY01

Rotate!

Nice right turn

Nice view!

The port, Brisbane Airport and the city

Passing the airport

Got a great view of BNE

And the city!