View Single Post
Old 16th September 2012, 08:10 PM

Hi Clinton,

maybe I do not understand you correctly.
First point: Please do not reflect Software problems to the Hardware
Natural the ADS-B Receiver are only able to receive the digital Signals from the
Airplane. Thea are not able to correct any data or to add some data.
Second point: adsbscope is not the best soft you can get, therefore GNSīs decision is to bundle since 01. Sept. 1012 Planeplotter full version.
You have to set the point "drop airplane" to 20 seconds. That means that adsbscope calculate the position out of history for 20 seconds and simulate the position. May be this is what you are meaning ?

What does this mean the receiver is not using its full power? Please explain your meaning

By the way if you receive around 3700f/min = 600f/s this is a really nice frame rate. You will only see higher frame rates with the beast receiver.
Because of the technology the framerate of the microADSB will be less than half something arround 200f/s in the same situation and the Beast will have something arround 900f/s.
Actual I am preparing a video how to setup the ads-b scope and pp and the differences between microAdsB, radar box, GNS and the beast.
All the receiver are behind a antenna splitter means all they are in the same situation. What I can say is that the reception of some receivers is really bad and itīs wasted money to buy in my eyes. Also I can say that the microADSB has a very hugh donought effect. Itīs useless near of the airport.

Anyway I can tell you so much about but I think itīs better to ask me questions or to take a look to the Video. I hope I will be ready today and then I will give you the Youtube address

regards

Bernd