View Single Post
Old 1st October 2009, 08:43 PM

31st RED FLAG SPOTTING. All I have to say about this is if you are thinking about going to the states to see this just do it. This was amazing fighter after fighter F15’s F16’s F22,F 16 United Arab Emirates, Italian AMX’s F18,Prowlers ,KC 135 stratotankers ,C-130, B52 ,A10'sand Pave Hawk helicopters. At one stage I could see 2 pave hawks Kc 135 had just taken off a C130 holding to take off 2 F22 3 f16 and 2 f15 all at once it was amazing. The recovery was just as good at one stage we had a constant flow of fighters returning for about 40 mins. I arrived at 0800 and departed at 1900 it was one long day in 34-38 degrees heat with hot gusting winds but was well worth it. Some hints if you want to di this. Bring plenty of water. Try and bring an esky full of ice or get a portable fridge I had three Lts of water with me by the end of the day the water was hot. There are shops around but you will have to go for a drive taking you away from the action. If you are interested there is a web page for at nellispotters.com. Your hire car can come in handy for this just leave it running with the aircon on. Bring plenty of sun screen hats etc.

Last edited by andrew evans; 1st October 2009 at 09:21 PM.