View Single Post
Old 12th September 2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth Forwood View Post
Do you know where I can find one?
Sorry I don't, but I must confess my reply was laden with sarcasm. I'm sure others will agree that for such a hyped up show nothing much seems to change year in year out. Ever since the Russians stopped coming the show has lost its appeal....... the biggest highlight in recent years was the A300 Beluga that visited in 2003.

1992 looks to have been a good year, SU-27, Kamov KA-32, Mil Mi 17, AN-124, Il-96, Grumman EA-6 Prowler plus many more.

1995 saw an Il-78, Il-76 Water Bomber, SU-27 again, F-4 Phantom, Dornier Alpha Jet, Il-96M plus a TU-204 attend.

Since then it has been pretty much the same show year after year. I understand our desolation on a world scale and understand that the show is also a sales event but if anything the show seems to be in serious decline and its location probably has something to do with it, Avalon is hardly enticing and the conditions there over the last few years have been woeful.

No doubt the star attraction next year will be the Qantastic A380 which will mark the aerodromes A380 debut will it not? Surprising given it is the host aerodrome for the Australian International Airshow

Roll on Amberley......