Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th May 2015, 09:49 PM

Default YSSY Usable Spotting Locations - Decreasing?

Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere already. As I usually go spotting at first light I don't often bump into you guys, so don't have a chance to ask questions on where is good to go!

To me, it seems like Shep's Mound, Lady Robinson Beach, Foreshore Road and Swamp Road are now the only good spots. Am I wrong? I hope so!

I visited Barton Park Hill last year and it seemed to be underwhelming as the view to 07/25 was blocked by a raised roadway, and at Tempe Dog Park today, you'd need a very tall ladder to see over the tops of the trees. Someone mentioned on another post that there is a path from it but I couldn't see an entrance... Also at Swamp Road, I've seen people seemingly disappear at the fence on the top of the hill - am I missing something?

Even the vegetation at Lady Robinson Beach seems to have grown massively; one of the curious things I always wanted to know is if anyone had any trouble going right up to the fence?

Thanks all,

Terence.