Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd February 2009, 10:50 AM

Default Adam Scott's Bizjet

In the paper the other day it said Adam Scott(the golfer) bought a $75m aircraft. I was wondering what type or aircraft and/or rego it was? Could anyone help me out?

Cheers
Old 22nd February 2009, 10:52 AM

Forgive me, Its a Gulfstream G450 reccomended by Greg Norman. A rego would still be good if anyone knows.

Saw it here.
Old 22nd February 2009, 11:00 AM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

From Business Jet Traveller ...

Quote:
Why did you pick the G450?

Gulfstream was kind of recommended to me by Greg Norman, who’s been a Gulfstream guy since the early ’90s, I believe. Ernie Els is a Gulfstream guy, too. And they really didn’t have anything bad to say about the aircraft. After the research we did, traveling around to see the different manufacturers, certainly in my mind Gulfstream was the best option. And the 450 has such good range. It will handle the [long-haul] trips I’m going to do. I’ll be taking it everywhere.

G450 at a glance

Price (2008): $35.85 million*
Range (4 pax, 2 crew): 4,350 nm
Maximum cruising speed: 476 kt
Maximum takeoff weight: 73,900 lb
Cabin Length: 45 ft 1 in
Cabin Width: 7 ft 4 in
Cabin Height: 6 ft 2 in
Cabin Volume: 1,525 cu ft

Gulfstream Press Release ... (Guess he is not paying full price for this one)

Quote:
News Release

GULFSTREAM SIGNS ADAM SCOTT TO PROMOTE COMPANY’S BUSINESS JETS
Pro-Golfer’s Endorsement Efforts Will Focus on Asia-Pacific Region

SAVANNAH, Ga., May 21, 2008 – Gulfstream Aerospace has signed an agreement with Australian-born professional golfer Adam Scott to promote the company’s business jets in the Asia-Pacific region. As of Dec. 31, 2007, 74 Gulfstream aircraft were operating in the Asia-Pacific region, up from 37 in 2005.

Joe Lombardo, president, Gulfstream Aerospace and Adam Scott in Geneva Switzerland.
Download Image

“Gulfstream aircraft are a vital business tool for today’s professional golfers who face demanding international travel schedules,” said Joe Lombardo, president, Gulfstream. “As one of the top golf professionals in the world, Adam Scott is the ideal person to spread the word about our dependable and reliable business jets. He knows what it takes to be the best. It’s the perfect partnership.”
Scott, one of the world’s top-10 ranked golfers, will make promotional appearances on behalf of Gulfstream. He will also appear in advertisements that celebrate the Gulfstream brand. His first official Gulfstream appearance is May 21 at the European Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition (EBACE 2008) in Geneva.
Scott has six PGA tour titles to his credit and has twice won the Singapore Open. His most recent PGA tour win came on April 27, when he sank a 48-foot birdie putt on the third playoff hole to win the 2008 EDS Byron Nelson Championship in Irving, Texas.
“My association with Gulfstream is a fantastic opportunity to be aligned with an organization that produces such a world-class product,” Scott said. “Both Gulfstream and I share a desire to succeed and to be the best we can be – it’s a great partnership.”

Last edited by Grahame Hutchison; 22nd February 2009 at 11:05 AM.