Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd April 2009, 08:37 AM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd fox View Post
Tim Hi.

I am on your side .If you provide info and it is wrong you are shot down.

If your info is correct noone will thank you.

Believe it or not my source up here had the same info as you.It was suppose to come to BNE.

Cheers Lloyd
Hi Lloyd,

I don't think there was any 'shooting down' in the previous posts, but more comments made in jest. I thought the use of emoticons would have shown that.

I think everyone here appreciates that aviation is an unpredictable industry, and that things don't always go as planned. The airlines with their schedules can't get it right all the time, so what hope do the punters have with the 'corporate' stuff?

For the more exotic stuff that arrives (like an Amiri flight rather than 'just another Gulfstream'), yours and others info is much appreciated. I wouldn't have a clue what/where your sources are for these flights, and truth be known, I don't know where to look even if I wanted to find out first hand!

So please, keep the info flow coming.

Regards,
Nigel
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:45 AM

Keep the info coming Tim. This message board is my only source, if the info is not correct, bad luck. Along with that dont get it wrong again lol, there is also nothing wrong with a bit of humour keep that up also.
Old 3rd April 2009, 08:57 AM

Thanks Nigel- the balanced voice of reason speaks again! Glad someone still has a sense of humour here.
No offense was intended by my post Tim, I was more cranky at myself for actually getting out of bed to drive out there in the rain.
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:07 AM

I must say that most of the information of upcoming flights posted is usually accurate and sometimes the original source is at fault.

This reminds me of an incident reported on 'civil-spotters' which is the UK equivalent of 'oz-spotters'. I used to subscribe to this group but you get between 100-150 e-mails a day which is too much to digest.

This incident involved someone posting a non-event (as a joke I presume) stating that a Russian a/c was due into Stansted (I think) with the registration UR-DIM.

This was in the middle of winter and after it became apparent that this was a joke there was a bit of an uproar as some people actually got in their cars and driving in heavy snow got very upset when they discovered it was all a joke. They were more concerned about the possibilty of serious accidents than the actual 'joke'

The reg should have given it away but we are a gullable lot sometimes!
Old 3rd April 2009, 11:39 AM
Prolific Member

No hastles Nigel.I wasnt having a go at you and i apologise if it came out that way.
I was probably referring more that posters with info rarely get thanks.They dont have to post info.I myself live in Brisbane and i get a fair bit of info re stuff into Sydney in advance thru numerous contacts and sources built up over 30 years in travel and aviation, so i post it so someone else can enjoy, but it is no benefit to me, as i wont see it.
I think i have too much time on my hands since retirement.

Anyway
I believe it is now coming to Brissie 11apr but this is from a different source.
Cant trust the original hey!!!,however it may not be coming from SYD.
With visiting royals on shopping trips itineraries can change .

Cheers Lloyd
Old 3rd April 2009, 05:45 PM

Talking

Any update on the departure of this one - anyone?

(yes - I know - subject to operational requirements or other unforseen circumstances.)
Old 3rd April 2009, 06:02 PM
Prolific Member

Normally this type of info doesn't, or indeed more likely shouldn't, get 'released' into the public domain due to security reasons, but somewhere along the line someone usually finds out and puts it here or on other forums.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:06 AM

Lloyd, Stefan

I myself really appreciate all your info even I can't make it out to airport most of the time. This particular forum is about spotting and movement, you guys post made the most appropriate use and fair share with others on here. It brings an excitment to read the exotic visitor we get and a kick to the daily regualr scenes at airport. Looking forward to more quality post from you guys. Cheers
Old 12th April 2009, 10:01 PM

"Amiri 4" is on the move. About to depart to Narita