Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th July 2010, 09:23 AM

Default QF12 29/07 - What happened?

QF12 from LA arrived in Nadi and Brisbane yesterday before finally arriving late afternoon into Sydney. Does anybody know why? I suspect that the early fog played a role but why Nadi then Brisbane?

Flight Number QF12 on Thursday 29 July 2010 Flight No. From To Scheduled Departure Revised Departure Scheduled Arrival Revised Arrival Status
QF12 Los Angeles Sydney 22:30 (Tue) 06:30 Cancelled
QF12 Brisbane Sydney 14:27 06:30 16:01 Landed
QF12 Nadi (Fiji) Brisbane 08:01 10:57 Landed
QF12 Los Angeles Nadi (Fiji) 22:29 (Tue) 05:43 Landed
Old 30th July 2010, 05:12 PM

jason,

nadi was due to the fog. Aircraft would have I presume gone to brisbane, but as Brisbane also had bad weather yesterday mornign, the first port of call I think is Nadi.

The reason, for the Brisbane diversion, was due to the crew running out of hours. i stand corrected.

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:12 PM

Im a little slow with the responce - I was on the flight. The flight stopped in Nadi due to fog in Sydney. The CSM advised this was to take on extra fuel. There was a list of issue while on the ground in Nadi such as finding someone who was authorised to fuel the A380, plus some issues with getting credit for fuel. After take off, the pilot advised that we could not make Sydney within the crew hours, and we had to fly to Brisbane. A new crew was flown to Brisbane to we were finally taken to Sydney. Qantas kept us fully informed even the Pilot came into the lounge to take questions, however it was just unfortunate it took so long to get to Sydney....
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:19 PM

Just noticed that tonight's qf12 is still in LA and not leaving until 10.00hrs LA time arriving SY 1800hrs tomorrow. Not having a good run lately," I know A3latey" I wonder what is wrong with it this time? Booked on QF11 on the 15th and qf12 on the 26th and it's starting to get a bit of a worry with connections!