Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10th August 2012, 07:17 PM

Default Qantas passengers refuse to fly LAX-MEL because there were no XL first-class pyjamas

Oh dear...
Old 10th August 2012, 09:22 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

What the ?

I still have my Qantas Akira Isogawa 1st Class PJs, didn't get around to wearing them on the flight.
Old 11th August 2012, 12:07 PM

Hope they weren't refunded!
Old 12th August 2012, 08:47 AM

And children die by the hundreds in refugee camps every hour throughout Africa and we crack the sh*ts over pyjamas. Lame!
Old 12th August 2012, 02:57 PM

It is my view these customers (if this story is actually true), were within their right to make a fuss.

They may have well and truly paid some ~$16,000.00 for a one-way ticket between Los Angeles and Melbourne.

Even if they were on redemption - they're in a premium cabin, and there is an expectation, all the products and services should be available.

Premium cabins represent real bread and butter. This is a "space" you cannot compromise on - ever. Particularly with competing airlines who invest heavily (and competitively) for this offering.

Qantas cannot afford to ever be complacent.

That said - I feel this story does not represent actual facts. It would be highly unlikely someone would cancel traveling half way around the globe over pyjama sizes.

There must be more to the story than what has been reported. Let's not get in the way of a good story.

I also don't believe the Captain made a PA of this nature. It would be very unusual for a crew member to publicly ridicule a customer, in particular, a premium customer, in the manner reported. If it is true - then it is disgusting, and this pilot should receive counselling as such.

For a start - how can a Business Class customer report on events when they're in a different part of the aircraft... Chinese whispers? Everyone loves to dramatise a story to get a reaction.

I'd say there is more to this than just the lack of XL pyjamas.

Old 13th August 2012, 06:15 AM

Fly Emirates! They treat you like royalty in First Class.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 13th August 2012, 08:58 AM

Thomas,
I think the captain would be subject to disciplinary action if he/she made such a PA. I remember the Qlink FAM had specific clauses regarding saying anything derogatory about PAX on the PA. I imagine the QF FAM would be the same.