Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th August 2009, 07:22 PM

Id take air pacific for a 747 anyday.
Old 30th August 2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew mcdonald View Post
Thanks for the reply's guys. One more question I forgot to ask is who would people like to fly more: V Aus or Air Pacific?

Thanks for the answers
Depends on the price!

I flew Air Pacific from LAX about 2 years ago. The entertainment is probably the only real downside (it has the old SQ system with movies on a loop) but the rest of the service etc isn't too bad. Sitting in economy on the upper deck was strange!

The stopover in Nadi was pretty cool - the departure was even better with the aqua sea.
Old 30th August 2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew mcdonald View Post
V Aus or Air Pacific?

Thanks for the answers
How about Delta mate!!!

Westin hotel LAX airport has awesome views of the runways- you look out onto 25L/R i think it is- was about 5 years ago i was there. But hotel is reasonable and spotting can literally be done from the corridors out the windows- large queues of planes forming at the holding point which would make for brilliant shots.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:11 PM

Quote:
the new reLAX lounge at the TBIT is good if you don't have lounge access. You do pay for the time you are there
If I can remember, it was $US10 for an hour, $US40 for the whole day i think. I was there around 11pm so I didnt see much, but the view in the day wouldve been great! And free nibblies, so you dont have to worry bout buying food! lol
Old 1st September 2009, 02:02 PM

Id go V Aus or Delta - Id have to flip a coin to choose those two though
If you are hiring a car, some of those car parks are right in the flight path too and make for some good spotting
Old 1st September 2009, 09:57 PM

Hi all. I am flying out on VA 1 on 27th October. I got V aus one way for $596 when delat one way was $1200.

Looking forward to it.
Old 26th September 2009, 05:42 PM

Hi all. Sorry to bring this up again but I am obviously unfamiliar with LAX and dont really know where I want/should spot yet. I obviously want photos that are (Jetphotos) quality and are good for the holiday. (like monty said with imperial hill having the sun behind you the whole day). I will only be taking my 18-55mm and my 75-300mm so would the hill be good for that. Also can somebody give me a bit more info on this alaskan lounge as I know with only a 300mm lense I wont get all the narrowbodys from the hill.

Thanks heaps for all of your replys
Old 26th September 2009, 06:03 PM

The Alaskan Lounge (aka The Boardroom) is right above the Alaskan & Virgin America gates. It overlooks 24L/24R (which tend to carry a lot of narrow body movements).

Have a look at http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/la...ield%20Map.pdf - it's on the end of T3.

US$30 entry.

I sat there for about 4 hours waiting for an Alaskan connection a few months ago and there were some great views - even got a shot of the QF A380 on taxi.

Cheers,
Old 4th October 2009, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the replies. I have been looking around at various forums and am finding mixed messages about good spotting locations, what sized lenses you need for good photography at those spotting locations and where those locations are at LAX. I am only in LAX for one full day and would like to make the most out of that one day and cant afford to go to useless locations. The few questions I have left are:

1. If I take my 75-300mm lense only, will that be enough to get me great shots (JP worthy) from Imperial Avenue.
2. Is Imperial Avenue ok for me to stay and take photos for the whole day without becoming backlit at that time of the year.

Sorry to keep this post continuing but this is my first trip to LAX and I would really like to get it right from a photography point of view.
Old 8th October 2009, 02:15 PM

Matt check your email.
Scott.