Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th October 2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony T View Post
T3 at LHR is a bit like Ryanair, play by thier rules and you will be fine.
Thanks for that... no wuckers then.
Old 6th October 2009, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bramwell View Post
Can't do anything about the ceiling mate its got a preservation order slapped all over it.

Apparently its the biggest piece of granit out there and is swarming with fossils etc, thus they cant move it!

Seating - you just have to look... Dont do what everyone else does walk right in and sit right down. move on plenty! [Anyone remember that song?]
Yeah there is plenty of seating, though as I said they do not put the gate number up until 1 hour before departure. So how do you know which pier to go to to take a seat away from the shops. It is all part of the ploy to get you into the shops. All the BAA terminals I have used (all 5 at Heathrow and 2 at Gatwick) are the same.
Old 6th October 2009, 05:32 PM

Do VS have early check-in?

If so, drop your bags and get a bus to Heathrow - north side (free travel in the Heathrow transit zone) and either spot at 27R or go to a pub for a feed and a few refreshments.

I reccomend here http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs...ant/Harlington

Pilots & cabin crew hang out here.

Anthony T

Last edited by Anthony T; 6th October 2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Grammer is getting worser as i get olda :-)
Old 6th October 2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Bramwell View Post
Dont do what everyone else does walk right in and sit right down. move on plenty! [Anyone remember that song?]
Off topic, but yes... as does YouTube, of course. Now back on topic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony T View Post
Do VS have early check-in? If so, drop your bags and get a bus to Heathrow - north side (free travel in the Heathrow transit zone) and either spot at 27R or go to a pub for a feed and a few refreshments.
I will attempt to make arrangements to use online check-in before departing Budapest. If possible this would be 24 hours before, but I'll be with relatives in the country and everyone else will likely be asleep at that time... at least the boarding pass does not need to be printed and can be printed at kiosk check-in or simply picked up at the bag drop, so as long as I can get my netbook online somehow I'll be sweet... and I've already selected seats for what that's worth.

The website is not 100% clear about oldschool checkin times at Heathrow, but says checkin opens at 0600 and closes 1 hour prior to departure, so I doubt it will be an issue. The bigger issue is that I'll be travelling with Mum, although she may just want to go and sit down somewhere. This said, she is forever scarred by a refuelling stop in Abu Dhabi 20 years ago where it was well noted that there were few seats in the main part of the terminal and all of these had people sleeping on them. Oh yeah and of course this is where all the airport stores were. So using this thread as a guide I may advise her that LHR T3 is the same deal and we may wish to rack off elsewhere after check-in - a pub meal may be the ticket, so thanks for that suggestion.

Last edited by Robert S; 6th October 2009 at 11:49 PM.