Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th August 2010, 01:45 PM

Is that truck for Real
Old 25th August 2010, 08:38 PM

Its one thing for a truck that big to come to mound HOWEVER its also another thing for it to bring a trailer with it . It was always goin to end badly for this truck driver
Old 25th August 2010, 10:04 PM

And Jayden, I suspect it was an expensive little excursion as well!!! The Heavy Vehicle Recovery on that one would have been interesting to see as when I was there, he had NO IDEA!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 25th August 2010, 10:17 PM

What more could you expect from this guy .... Queensland number plates in NSW says it all
Old 26th August 2010, 04:09 PM

Regardless of the aforementioned offending vehicle movements, I think the biggest threat to our use of the Mound comes from the local council, for other reasons.

I was first vehicle at the mound, at very first light, twice in the last fortnight. The amount of rubbish lying about the area was pathetic. Packaging from the nearby fast food outlet, a sock, newspapers and condom packaging to name just some. I am guessing by what I see at that hour, that the area is being used during darkness for other clandestine activities, nothing to do with our own interests.

On the first occasion, a local council vehicle arrived around 8am, and the very disgruntled cleanup man told one of our other members who by then had joined me, that the council was considering closing access to the mound altogether because of the condition he found it in most days.

On my most recent visit, I took a couple of plastic bags, and though I shouldn't have had to, tidied the immediate area and later dropped the bags in a bin at a nearby fast food outlet. It is sad if we have to clean up someone else's mess, but I, like the rest of our fraternity would hate to lose Sheps mound in this manner.
Old 10th August 2011, 09:52 AM

Talking about the conditions of the mound looks like the airport management are fixing areas that are a bit ruggerd with a truck dumping quite a few loads of gravel today, hopefully fixing or the holes that have started to form..
Old 10th August 2011, 03:36 PM

You talk of strangers not helping....Members of this forum who frequently interact with each other dont help either, even though all it takes is a couple of lines by email. Iwas desperate for directions to the beach by public transport but my PM's were ignored making me feel so ashamed of myself that I wonder if those members think I was asking for some charity?????? was it so difficult to reply saying that the directions were a secret they would gaurd with their lives till they died? sheesh!
Old 11th August 2011, 08:53 AM

huh?
Old 11th August 2011, 10:02 AM

I'm sure there is a simple explanation as to why your PM's went unanswered maybe the memebers didn't access the forum for sometime or maybe they just didn't notice they had a PM in their inbox. I'm sure if you just asked by posting in the forum i'm sure many memebers would be happy to help as I know a few who regularly catch public transport to the beach. As they say if you don't ask you won't know.
Old 11th August 2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks Jacob, for your mature response. It really did make me feel better.Coul you please give me the directions to the beach using public transport? Or will anybody on the board for that matter.

Thanks once again and sorry for not being an idealist.