Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th January 2011, 07:24 PM

Those DC-4's are the fire bomber's based down there for the summer fire period aren't they ?
Old 24th January 2011, 07:45 PM

They are Convairs
Old 25th January 2011, 10:40 PM

You can take and publish them, just not make money from them pff as if they are going to know.
Old 25th January 2011, 10:56 PM

Cool

Hmmmm, love the Organisers chances of getting any "damages" in a Court of Law...firstly they'd have to either prove that the "defendant" read and agreed the Conditions of Entry in lieu of te fact that no-one is signing a written copy of said Conditions. In any case the legal ownership of an image resides with the taker of said image and under Australian copywrite law the owner can do whatever they like with their own image....

Cheers
Wayne
Old 25th January 2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Rowe View Post
They are Convairs
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vic...-1225974936716

Article about them, cool to see new stuff coming to Australia for those jobs. Pity the DC-10 didn't suit :-(

Flown:
Boeing, Airbus, Douglas, Bombardier, De Havilland Canada, Ilyushin, Yakovlev, Tupolev, Shorts, ATR, McDonnell Douglas, Fokker, Embraer, British Aerospace, Antonov.
Old 28th January 2011, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Bishop View Post
Hmmmm, love the Organisers chances of getting any "damages" in a Court of Law...firstly they'd have to either prove that the "defendant" read and agreed the Conditions of Entry in lieu of te fact that no-one is signing a written copy of said Conditions. In any case the legal ownership of an image resides with the taker of said image and under Australian copywrite law the owner can do whatever they like with their own image....

Cheers
Wayne
IIRC, under Australian law the owner of the property has the right to stop people (or at least tell them to stop) taking photos on their land, without agreement being required from all parties. Also, I'm pretty sure on ticketek or whatev that there'll be something saying "by clicking purchase, you agree to our T&Cs". Having said that, I can't see them being able to practically enforce that rule. And also I'm not sure if, once a photo has been taken, anyone else has a right of control over it's use...
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:02 AM

From another forum, but apparently it appears that the F-22's have been written down on paper to attend the airshow. No word yet on the B-2 but like i said, believe it when i see it. F-22's would make sense that there coming down the C-17 that USAF brings down is from Hickham, well for the last two shows anyway,and now they have replaced a squad of F-15's with F-22's so it seems they are shoe in. the only thing is at RIAT last year they put them away in the shed's and only brought them out for there display. So the question is will they do that here ? hope not...
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaryd stock View Post
From another forum, but apparently it appears that the F-22's have been written down on paper to attend the airshow. No word yet on the B-2 but like i said, believe it when i see it. F-22's would make sense that there coming down the C-17 that USAF brings down is from Hickham, well for the last two shows anyway,and now they have replaced a squad of F-15's with F-22's so it seems they are shoe in. the only thing is at RIAT last year they put them away in the shed's and only brought them out for there display. So the question is will they do that here ? hope not...
Will not be Hickam, they've got their first couple of 22s not long ago and will be getting them in dribs and drabs in the next few months. And the squadron is ramping up so pilot/crew time will be spent training.

I'd say the 15 Alaskan-based Raptors that are currently TDY at Okinawa will be where the F-22s will come from.
Old 2nd February 2011, 02:38 PM

Yeah you could be right mike, and did think of that but maybe with tension on the Korean peninsula at a all time high the top brass might not want to send any down at the moment. Don't know I suppose we'll see when they get here..I don't care where they are from anyway I just hope to see one.
Old 2nd February 2011, 03:59 PM

Word is the F-22s will be AK tailed jets which are due to be on a deployment to Guam at the time of the show...