Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 17th May 2011, 02:12 PM

Could be, but I think we will see a 190 very soon.
Old 20th May 2011, 11:52 AM

Apologies if this has already been discussed;

I was making a booking on Virgin Australia's website and see that the A330 is scheduled to fly and SYD-MEL, MEL-SYD once per week; assuming this is for maintenance purposes?

Are these 2 flights likely to say in the timetable for a few weeks/months, or if I book one of these flights should I expect an equipment swap to take place in the near future and end up onboard a 737?

cheers
Old 20th May 2011, 12:32 PM

G'day...

I am booked to fly from MEL to SYD on the VA A330 on Sat 4th June at 7.30pm. That also crossed my mind, a possible equipment change but I can't see why they would. But if they do, and bookings are healthy, put hand up to be bumped off the flight and put into a hotel... lol. Because a 737 can't hold all those passengers, however there is one more flight from MEL to SYD that night after the A330.
Old 20th May 2011, 12:39 PM

The SYD-MEL-SYD A330 schedule as it stands currently has nothing to do with loads (it is scheduled at some of the quietest times of the week!) but purely to cycle the aircraft through maintenance, which is done in MEL.

So you shouldn't see any change to the schedule for the foreseeable future(but can't guarantee it of course!).
Old 20th May 2011, 12:52 PM

^
thanks for that Steve.
Old 20th May 2011, 01:00 PM

Sorry if this has been brought up already, too many pages to scroll through LOL, but at T2 Syndey Airport what gates are they going to use for their A330's??

Cheers

Flukey
Old 20th May 2011, 01:11 PM

Currently only Bay 40 but i have heard & imagine that Bay 39 will be also in time.
Old 21st May 2011, 07:48 AM

They did a little error om sbs news last night saying the Virgin blue shares at 30c. Still not using the Australia part in the name.
Old 21st May 2011, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarden S View Post
They did a little error om sbs news last night saying the Virgin blue shares at 30c. Still not using the Australia part in the name.
Jarden, the ASX listed company remains at the moment as "Virgin Blue Holdings Limited" so technically they were correct.
Old 21st May 2011, 03:22 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayden Laing View Post
Currently only Bay 40 but i have heard & imagine that Bay 39 will be also in time.
That may well depend on the new Charlie-2 (currently Bravo-4 btn Charlie and Golf) getting upgraded back to Code D status once the Twy realignment project is completed. At present the existing Bravo-4 is restricted to Max 36m wingspan aircraft between Charlie and Golf.
I dare say there'd also need to be a apron roadway realignment done next to Bay 39 for this to happen, much the same as what's in place for Bay 40.

If I remember, I'll have a look at the method of working plan to see what's in there.