Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st July 2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheil Keegan View Post
Maybe they should do it Hong Kong style, improve the view and charge a small fee. (by small I mean less than $5 in HK it was HK$15 which is just over AU$2)
Someone will have to explain to Macquarie what a small fee is. I don't believe they know what that term means..
Old 3rd July 2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheil Keegan View Post
Maybe they should do it Hong Kong style, improve the view and charge a small fee. (by small I mean less than $5 in HK it was HK$15 which is just over AU$2)

Micheil
Plus parking charges or the fair from the ripoff train service and its still an expensive visit.
Old 3rd July 2008, 12:19 PM

C'mon poor old Macquarie are doing it tough, they have even withdrawn from providing mortgages

If they don't fleece every tourist that arrives in Sydney and give our country a really bad first impression to our international friends how are they going to survive?
Old 3rd July 2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickN View Post
C'mon poor old Macquarie are doing it tough, they have even withdrawn from providing mortgages

If they don't fleece every tourist that arrives in Sydney and give our country a really bad first impression to our international friends how are they going to survive?
As a Macquarie Airports Share Holder I hope that like any business they do what is best for those that own a part of the company, that is improve profits and company returns. Like all businesses its there to make money.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
As a Macquarie Airports Share Holder I hope that like any business they do what is best for those that own a part of the company, that is improve profits and company returns. Like all businesses its there to make money.
That's the spirit. You see, there is no challenge to compeition here and thus, they seem to be able to get away with whatever they like. The Federal Government should be pressed to preserve the benefit of an airport for the public who use it, not shareholders sipping brandy and sucking down a fat cigar like those folk at Macquarie.
Old 4th July 2008, 05:10 AM
Prolific Member

Maybe you can buy shares too, that way you can join them in sipping brandy and sucking down fat cigars.
Old 5th July 2008, 12:57 AM

to be honest I don't think a lot of people would go up to the observation deck if they charge. Certainly not the people who would normally go there to farewell flights.

I went to the mound today and saw for myself how the bridge is blocking the view. I hope the bridge gets relocated - such a pity!
Old 5th July 2008, 07:07 AM

Some of you may remember the old 'Viewing Spots Guide' that was part of the Enthusiast web site. I'd love to get that document (as well as a few others) back online, but I'm a little out of the loop with the current 'spots'. To that end, if anyone's willing to update the document I'll send you the source code (no HTML knowledge required - you can amend the text in Word or notepad if you'd prefer) and I'll upload it, with credit to you.
Old 5th July 2008, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Tidmarsh View Post
Some of you may remember the old 'Viewing Spots Guide' that was part of the Enthusiast web site. I'd love to get that document (as well as a few others) back online, but I'm a little out of the loop with the current 'spots'. To that end, if anyone's willing to update the document I'll send you the source code (no HTML knowledge required - you can amend the text in Word or notepad if you'd prefer) and I'll upload it, with credit to you.

I'll do it if you like Will. I was thinking of doing it on a GoogleEarth page anyway.

Cheers
Old 5th July 2008, 08:54 AM

http://www.spotterswiki.com/index.ph...%28SYD/YSSY%29

This is probably the most indepth, spotters guide for YSSY i have found, also http://www.16right.com has some great information