Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 19th August 2008, 11:02 AM

Default QANTAS (Again)

Source: SB News Services (Australia)

QANTAS AGAIN

Passengers on a Qantas Boeing 737 have one again been subject to an in flight incident.

The aircraft, traveling between Sydney and Melbourne earlier today was about 25 minutes into the flight when a passenger moving from his seat to the toilet stubbed his toe.

Fellow passengers were shocked and distressed when they saw the grimace of pain on the face of Mr. Fred Bloags and demanded that the aircraft be taken back to Sydney so that MR Bloags could receive proper medical treatment.

“It was disgusting” reported one passenger. The flight attendants,who offered first aid to Mr Bloags, initially refused to even approach the captain but after persistent demands relented and informed the Captain of the situation. The Captain refused to turn the aircraft around, “He (the Captain) even refused to leave the cockpit to assess Mr. Bloag’s injuries” the passenger added.

“Mr. Bloags was obviously in a lot of pain” stated a passenger, “After removing his shoe and sock we could all see that his little toe was quite pink” the passenger added.

It is unknown what Mr. Bloags stubbed his little toe on. “I’ve seen this sort of thing happens hundreds of times before, it’s about time that aircraft designers make their aircraft safe” said Mrs. Ethel Dixon, a first time flyer of Newcastle. “I’m also disgusted that the emergency oxygen masks did not fall down, after all with an injury like that, Mr Bloags may have required oxygen, I think this is a real failure of the aircraft and flight crew.” She added.

SB News (Australia) received dozens of calls after the flight landed in Melbourne.

“Mr Bloags was not even offered a wheel chair to get from the aircraft to the terminal building, I think Qantas has acted in a shameful manner” said one of the callers who would only give his name if a suitable financial reward could be negotiated.

SB News (Australia) has contacted MR Bloags who said he will be taking legal action against Qantas for their callous indifference to his situation. He said that he could not add anything else because he was currently in negotiations with a well know women’s magazine to sell his story exclusively to them.

SB News (Australia) has also contacted CASA and the ATSB within minutes of receiving the first phone call from one of the passengers. Both government departments have refused to comment.

SB News (Australia) forced Qantas into admitting that the will investigate the incident.

(Okay…Okay, yes, it’s a joke)

Last edited by Steve B.; 19th August 2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: added a bit
Old 19th August 2008, 11:15 AM

deleted............
Old 19th August 2008, 11:28 AM

bahahahahaha!

Gold!

But depressing knowing that something like this would actually end up on news.com.au
Old 19th August 2008, 11:39 AM

too late

http://www.news.com.au/story/Qantasi...emergency.html
Old 19th August 2008, 11:43 AM

I was about to ask why this wasn't put in the existing thread when I first saw the title, but after reading the article.