Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st May 2008, 01:03 PM

The 767 is a temporary feature on BNE (at this stage) for most weeks Mon-Fri until end June. The Q400 weekday service has been cancelled for the same period (still operates weekends when there is no 767).

In other Canberra news, BNE becomes all E190 for Virgin from the end of this week (4 daily), with a 5th daily flight starting late July.

Virgin's MEL service also ramps up from July to 6 daily flights, and it appears a 7th flight also comes in late August. These appear to be a mix of all fleet types on the route (just like Qantas do!) - E170/E190/73W/73H.

Brindabella's J41 is now operating most CBR-NTL runs, with frequency downgraded to 3x daily given the extra capacity. Both TAH and TAI have recently been seen in CBR, though I expect one is soon (if not already) to be dedicated to the north coast run (all stops NTL-BNE-NTL)
Old 18th June 2008, 07:59 AM

Not sure if it has been here before but the AC A330 with the Olympic livery has just touched down in YSSY.
Old 19th June 2008, 03:34 PM

I took this when it was on finals. As i was taking this photo a security gaurd from the ports authority ask me to stop taking photos as it was a federal offence to do so. I had to have a laugh and moved on.
Old 19th June 2008, 06:35 PM

any ideas if this will be in tomorrow? I'm hopefully(weather permitting) head out for a bit in the afternoon to sheps.
Old 19th June 2008, 06:49 PM

I hope no one from this board was one of the 4 guys literally hanging off the fence to get photos of it as it departed. That sort of behavior doesn't help the spotters' cause.