Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th January 2013, 09:50 AM

Default Congratulations Qantas - Superb Service

Hi,

As a loyal VA customer, slowly fading from once again slow/crowded check-in, late running aircraft, and shabby aircraft...

I flew Qantas from Cairns to Sydney. Boy oh boy... it was refreshing to check-in with no crowds, depart on time, even in monsoonal weather at Cairns yesterday, have professionally spoken and smiling staff, well fed, and a superb (in my opinion) seat back entertainment system.

I saw a glimpse of what airline travel used to be like in Australia, simple, relaxed, professional and stress free.

It was beautiful.

Maybe it helped to fly in VH-VZR, a young aircraft, and not a 737-400 who knows.

You are getting it right now Qantas... I'll be back.

Regards,

Steve S
Old 24th January 2013, 08:27 PM

Felt the same way about the airline and their staff on my recent trip to Brisbane, extremely friendly and the check in process was very smooth. The seat was reasonably comfortable on both aircraft (738/734) but there was no AVOD, not that it mattered on a 1 hour flight where the window was more than enough for entertainment. In VA's defence, they're in a period of restructuring and transferring systems, (To Sabre?? not sure what it's called) so give them some time and I'm sure their service will be much better.

But just be aware, (as you most probably are) you get bad and good flights on ALL airlines.
Old 24th January 2013, 09:05 PM

Change from Navataire to Sabre Sonic James! Allows for better & wider travel agent bookings
Old 27th January 2013, 02:22 PM

And that is the reason that they are always my first choice to fly anywhere.....

Jim