Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th June 2008, 07:39 PM

Nice footage when you click on it, and good to see Plucka.... was there AA photographers on board?
Old 30th June 2008, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro H View Post
We sort of had a laugh to think what people thought on the ground after the fly-past of Sydney.

A four engine jet with a blue tail jet on approach... does not land, then heads straight towards the CBD.... with a fighter along side.

With the government promoting the anti-terror hotline recently too!
A friend and I met at Circular Quay and were supposed to go to Centrepoint..

After the flyover, she changed her mind

So we went to Krispy Kreme.. what is it with the interstaters and that place!?
Old 30th June 2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden S View Post
Nice footage when you click on it, and good to see Plucka.... was there AA photographers on board?
There were a couple snappers from a couple of mags, but I don't know them. The SMH report shot it all on his 'handy cam'.

Here is a hawk on the wing (I was busy with another camera so I only had stills on my phone... sorry for the low quality):
Old 1st July 2008, 12:44 AM

Post Final B707 flight over Sydney Harbour

Here's the direct link for the SMH video:
http://media.smh.com.au/?rid=39154
Old 1st July 2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenden S View Post
Yep, I was on board. A lovely flight up to Williamtown (originally wrote W illytown - who'd have thought that'd be a banned word!?) where we joined up with the Hawk and did a missed approach, and then down to Kurnell (Near Kurnell, not Far Kurnell! ), a missed approach to YSSY's 34R, and then two and a half orbits over the harbour before a missed approach at Richmond and then landing. The Channel 10 reporter heaved on finals into Richmond apparently.

This hysteria about a plane flying around the city really pi$$es me off - the RAAF sent media alerts out to all media outlets last week informing them of the flight, yet not one to my knowlegde broadcast or printed the fact that it was happening before the fact. The SMH report is just crap reporting - they had people on board for god's sake, and yet they report that rubbish!

I'm on deadlines at the moment so am flat out, but will get some pics up this weekend.

Cheers
Old 1st July 2008, 10:49 AM

Nice one Morris.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=1998182
Old 1st July 2008, 10:53 AM

Very nice shot Morris! Love the angle, the jet trailing it and the blue sky. Awesome photo.

One of the letter writers complained there was not notice about the fly by and that is why people were worried. Funny because on the way to work, I heard it mentioned a number of times. The news outlets did thier job notifying people.
Old 1st July 2008, 12:25 PM

To cap off the Herald’s rather hysterical report yesterday of the last flight of the RAAF 707 they managed to illustrate the story in today’s edition (1 July, page five) with not one but two completely incorrect photos. One shows a group of Miss Australia finalists apparently sitting in the engine of a 707. Unless they are midgets this is not physically possible. The engine in the photo is, I assume, attached to a 747. The other photo captioned "...the 707 takes off on its last flight" is clearly a much earlier publicity shot. Clearly the standards needed to become a journalist are slipping. Furthermore they choose to publish a letter from someone who works on the 39th floor of a city high rise who claims "it (the 707) banked at the last minute, about 500 metres away". As they say never let the facts get in the way of a good story!
Old 1st July 2008, 12:58 PM

http://www.defence.gov.au/media/down...0701/index.htm
http://www.defence.gov.au/media/down...701b/index.htm

Some nice pics of the flight and 33SQN parade yesterday.
Old 1st July 2008, 06:10 PM

Some great photos there.