Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Old 31st December 2009, 06:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Happy New Year! 2010

From the crew at Sydney Airport Message Board we wish all our users a happy and safe new year.

2009 was a big year for us, we had our 7th and most successful Spotting Weekend to date and co-founder of the board Will Tidmarsh went into semi-retirement from his role of board publisher. We have also had our busiest year on record for traffic to the site, with close to 30 million hits this year. November also set an all-time record of 2.2 million hits! We now have close to 1000 registered members, with a larger majority than ever being active (posting) users. We are proud to have members from many areas of the industry, including pilots, engineers, news and media, airport and airline staff, military, the governing aviation bodies as well as our enthusiasts, spotters and photographers. It creates a great mix of people and ensures the board provides a wealth of knowledge for our members and visitors.

Our google advertising which was introduced in early 2009 covers around 50% of our costs at this stage, these will continue to be tweaked to try to provide the best revenue, however we are all in agreement that we will never result to popup ads or adwords being integrated into the board.

2010 will see continued improvement of the board software, as well as relaxation of moderation polices to create a more friendly environment and allow more fun into the forums (however our zero tolerance approach towards bullying will remain). We also intend to take more user opinion into major board decisions, such as the recent "Moderation of Quotes" poll which we feel has been successful.

Once again, happy new year, and thanks to all our users for making 2009 the great success it was.

Kind Regards

The Admin/Moderation Team;
Kurt Ams
David Knudsen
Justin Lazaroff
Nathan Long
Old 31st December 2009, 06:51 PM

To the moderators and all the forum members, a happy and safe new years eve to all, and may 2010 be even bigger and better for all of us.
Best wishes, Steve K
Old 31st December 2009, 08:34 PM

Happy new year to everyone on this board. I hope you all have a great night and enjoy the hang over in the morning
Old 31st December 2009, 09:24 PM

Yes. A Happy New Year to all the members, admins, and frequent visitors of this board as well as their families. Stay safe and best wishes of every success for 2010.
Old 1st January 2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
From the crew at Sydney Airport Message Board we wish all our users a happy and safe new year.

... We have also had our busiest year on record for traffic to the site, with close to 30 million hits this year. November also set an all-time record of 2.2 million hits!....
Just out of curiosity, is there any reason for the high November hits??

Yes, Happy New Year to you all! I can only hope that 2010 is a better year after losing my wife (pregnant with our twins) in 2009!!! May it ring you all and the board, a safe and happy year!

Congrats to the team for all of your dedicated hard work!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 1st January 2010, 03:10 PM

Default New Year Greetings

Hi All,

I have to agree 100%, this Message Board Site is a tremendous place for Aviation Knowledge, I don't post that often but no doubt it is a Favourite of mine.

I'm always amazed at the quality of the photos when posted on this board, and also the web links that members post as well.

ALL the Best to the Designers of this Excellent Web Site and to the members who regularly post such " Interesting Facts, Figures and Photography" too.

Happy 2010 and Safe Flying !!

Rgds

Peter Casey
Old 1st January 2010, 03:14 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!
Old 1st January 2010, 03:39 PM

Happy new year to all,

hope 2010 is all you wish for!
Old 1st January 2010, 09:14 PM
Prolific Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator with the hair let down
and allow more fun into the forums...
With a good dose of humour and a little bit of leeway, I'm sure this part will be appreciated by the longer-term, less-active members who may have been playing more of an 'observing' role on the board in recent times.

All the best for 2010.
Old 2nd January 2010, 06:08 AM

Thumbs up Thank you!

A big thank you, Admins, for a job well done to date - this Board is really informative, interesting and a terrific service.

Keep up the good work!