Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 8th April 2024, 07:16 AM

Default Spotting locations at the International Terminal?

Apart from the rooftop of the two carparks, can anyone recommend good spotting locations at the International Terminal?

There was an elevated vantage point for spotting inside the terminal, above an outdoor seating area near a bar. (There was even a lift to take you up to the top.) Is it still there?

Any other good locations worth perusing?

I'm hoping they will install some new spotting platforms around the airport as part of the 'Sydney Gateway' road project that is currently under construction.
Old 8th April 2024, 08:11 AM

The old L4 bar/cafe went almost 20 years ago, with views progressively being blocked by lounges. You can still see the yellow lift shaft looking down fomr the car parks, which are thte only worthwhile T1 spotting locations I'm aware of.
Old 8th April 2024, 11:05 AM

Kent, thanks... yes, I suspected that the old T1 bar/lounge 'upper deck' area was gone. Even the spotting balcony inside the Rydge's Hotel is gone, too.

It looks like the rooftop of the T1 carparks are the only option these days. Any other views of T1 can only be had from afar. Nowhere close.