Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements

Old 2nd August 2011, 05:42 PM

Default August Noteworthy Movements

Hey guys,

Since this is a spotting forum I think we need a thread for irregular movements, special schemes or any others that people might want to see rather than making a new thread for every flight(similar to the new aircraft one). Obviously the Bizjets will go in Grahames Corprate thread.
Planned out similar below:

August 2nd visitors

03-3124 USAF C-17 departed SYD this morning at 9:18am for CBR.

N497MC Emirates SkyCargo(Atlas Air) 744F did the HKG-SYD-HKG run QF7593/7594 today..

August 3rd

NZ1925 due 7:10am on behalf of VA due out 4/8 10am to ferry to AKL. Opp by ZK-NBW(744).

VH-OEI back as QF8 from DFW after first service in new scheme.

Last edited by Tim Bowrey; 2nd August 2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 2nd August 2011, 06:15 PM

Good idea Tim, one to add for today:

ZK-OKO B77W operated its first visit to SYD as NZ102/103.

http://www.paggsy.smugmug.com
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:08 PM

We should make this a sticky.
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:48 PM

VH-OEJ is in tomorrow. 50% chance it will be departing as QF7. Either that or it is VH-OEF
Old 2nd August 2011, 08:59 PM

VH-OEJ on decent for SYD now from EZE so could go anywhere tomorrow.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:13 PM

There will only be 2 ERs in Sydney tomorrow able to operate QF7, that's why it's a 50% chance. Otherwise, yeah, it could be going anywhere
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:33 PM

Do the ER's fly to LA or London?
thanks
Old 2nd August 2011, 10:46 PM

Brad, the ERs are primarily used to the US and Buenos Aires. Lately, there is one ER that operates MEL-LHR return for positioning back in MEL to fly to LA.
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:12 AM

Guys, how about we don't hijack Tim's excellent suggestion with such discussion otherwise people will have to trawl through a whole load of banter they might not be interested in and miss notification of a rarity they may want to see.......

Let's just keep this as a simple notification thread/sticky and raise a seperate thread if you want to discuss other matters...

Just a thought.
Cheers
Wolf
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:39 AM

Exactly right Wayne. I think it is a good idea for Sydney spotters. , I love reading about what is going on in Sydney and all the stuff that is coming and going. But I think before it gets set in stone, I think the criteria as to what is defined noteworthy needs to be addressed. Not trying to be hard on the subject, but if you don't get it right then arguments will start and the threads will drag along, and as Wayne said "you will have to trawl through a whole load of banter". There is another forum which does this same typ of thing of noteworthy movements. Trust me, their have been arguments galore about the movements which have been put into that thread.

These threads in my opinion should be for...
- Any 1st time visitors to Sydney for current airlines, domestic and internation; (new aircraft colours, aircraft types, special schemes , 1st time regos)
* In my opinion on this subject though is that QF , VA are included. VA only for 1st time visits (rego or repaint), QF on other hand (delivery flights, ferrying after repaint, 1st time visits e.g B738's or DHC8's, 1st flights of A380's or B744's after repainting or after placement of special decals)

- Any foreign airliners which are NOT frequent into Sydney (excluding bizjets). E.g C17's, Freighters, charter flights etc.

This is my opinion based on what has been done on similar topics on other forums. Like i said it is best to get this banter of what is classified and not classified as noteworthy. To some spotters certain things are notewrothy which aren't for others. Example is VH-OEJ, OEB, OJU hes are common into Sydney currently with their logos and schemes, this to me is not classified as noteworthy. If they were to change schemes or have modifications added onto scheme. just say VH-OEJ have its scheme removed and put into new colours then that is classified as noteworthy.

I will most probably get blasted for some or all of this but, this is the way I see it...

My Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/53284949@N05/