Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2008, 09:30 PM

Well thank goodness it'll be coming in on a weekend!

So there will be about a month between taking delivery and the first international flight. Not too long, not too short..
Old 8th August 2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:

Premium economy seats would feature USB and RJ45 (ethernet) ports. The USB ports will be used for "viewing of content" on the inflight entertainment system. It would also allow recharging of USB-powered devices.
Link http://www.domain-b.com/aero/airline...07_qantas.html
Old 9th August 2008, 08:46 AM

Won't the A380 have to be in Australia for 40 days before it can start services, due to regulations? Or have I missed something?
Old 9th August 2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will H View Post
Won't the A380 have to be in Australia for 40 days before it can start services, due to regulations? Or have I missed something?
Well that might just throw a spanner in the works. Would the numerous trips the A380 has made down under count towards that 40-day regulation you're referring to?
Old 9th August 2008, 09:31 AM

Default A380 gets suites, flat beds

I know that this is old news, but I wonder how much of this has come to 'fruition'?

Quote:
John Masanauskas

May 23, 2007 12:00am

QANTAS' first-class passengers will have private suites and business customers will get flat beds in the world's biggest jetliner, industry sources said yesterday.

Economy passengers can also look forward to more comfort in new seats on the Airbus A380 aircraft, which is due to start flying to Melbourne late next year.

Airbus has announced an A380 demonstration model would visit Australia next month.

Qantas has ordered 20 super jumbos, which, typically, will have 525 seats over three classes.

It is believed first-class passengers will have private cubicles, while business class will feature a new Skybed that is fully horizontal.

The current Skybed is not completely flat.

Qantas executive general manager John Borghetti said yesterday his airline's A380 would have between 450 and 500 seats, allowing more room for passengers.

Mr Borghetti would not comment on the first and business-class plans, but said economy passengers could look forward to a more comfortable seat.

"It's got unique features in it that currently don't exist," he said.

"The economy class seat probably has the biggest change that's happened to such seats for two decades."
Oh really! I wonder what this can be, apart from those 'Green' seats? Or, is there something more perhaps?

Qantas expects to start A380 passenger services in October next year, with a Melbourne to Los Angeles flight.

The plane will also be used on the Sydney-LA route and on the Kangaroo route to London.

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 9th August 2008, 09:54 AM

Does anyone know which destination the first A380 scheduled for? I think i read it was the U.S. I hope so as i am flying there with Qantas in October.
Old 9th August 2008, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Does anyone know which destination the first A380 scheduled for? I think i read it was the U.S. I hope so as i am flying there with Qantas in October.

Tony,
First sched flight is Mel to Lax oct 21 followed laterin the week the 3rd flight syd to lax oct 24
Old 9th August 2008, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
"The economy class seat probably has the biggest change that's happened to such seats for two decades."
When you compare it against what is already flying with Qantas, it is a vast improvement in comfort and innovation.

It will certainly be difficult to fly on the 744's once you ride the A380.
Old 9th August 2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie d View Post
Tony,
First sched flight is Mel to Lax oct 21 followed laterin the week the 3rd flight syd to lax oct 24
Thanks Jamie

I'll check the exact dates at work, I know i am leaving late October.
Old 9th August 2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie d View Post
Tony,
Its actually October 20, not 21.
Closed Thread