Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st November 2012, 04:58 PM

Default Singapore 231 A333 Go-around R16R 1/11 @ 1751 Local

Any info on this one?
Old 1st November 2012, 05:28 PM

1. It was SQ 241!

2. Normally when they pass my window landing on runway 16R they're around 1000ft. But as SQ241 was coming down its Rolls Royce engines were much louder and then I saw it increase its altitude, and deviated slightly from the normal course to landing. It then made a right turn. Quickly flicked to Flightradar24 and saw that as SQ241 was applying power for a go-around, Regional Express flight 473 was taking off.

Would this analogy be correct?
Old 2nd November 2012, 08:36 AM

I checked FlightAware and it had SQ 231 listed as on approach - probably around Petersham. It's usually a minute or so behind actual position, and once I had zoomed in it actually had is listed as landed. No SQ aircraft had come in in the previous 15 mins so it was weird. It certainly showed no aircraft on the 16R Missed Approach procedure although it did get the UPS MD-11 a couple of weeks back.

I'm probably close to you, although I think they are a little lower than 1000' once they get to me. It was already well into climb once it go to me.

Time to fire up Flightradar24...