Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > International Industry

Old 12th March 2014, 05:35 PM

BBC are reporting search ships are being sent to this area after a New Zealand oil rig worker spotted something. See attached image of the email and story is at http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26527390

Do you notice anything to the right of this map? User on airliners.net think its a plane laying sideways
http://www.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/...r2014/map/4894
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 843248398.jpg (32.0 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by Tamara S; 12th March 2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12th March 2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamara S View Post
BBC are reporting search ships are being sent to this area after a New Zealand oil rig worker spotted something. See attached image of the email and story is at http://m.bbc.com/news/world-asia-26527390

Do you notice anything to the right of this map? User on airliners.net think its a plane laying sideways

Probably best you stop quoting every news source because so far they've all lead to nothing.

It's fairly safe to assume that the plane is in the gulf somewhere, and i believe it will eventually be found. Until then, it's all talk.

Next Flights:
MEL-HKG-HND-HKG-JFK-HKG-NRT-HKG-MEL/CX
Old 12th March 2014, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Tamara wouldnt you think it would have broken up on impact with the sea
Old 12th March 2014, 07:00 PM

Depends.... Controlled landing? No time to evacuate?

But hey, I dont think it is but thought I would share it as its making a lot of talk on airliners.

By the way news 24 is just about to go live to a press conference from KL.

PS: Montague, Point taken and apologies to other users who have had to put up with my posts on this incident.
Old 12th March 2014, 07:09 PM

the one thing about that BBC report is that it correlates with the area CX crew reported seeing wreckage...I cannot believe that they haven't searched this area.

Next Flights:
Old 12th March 2014, 07:11 PM

I'm with Montague. Until something with any solid credibility is found please everybody refrain from posting pure speculative junk. Modern media these days is an absolute joke and they will continue to "report" on anything even minutely related to the actual facts so long as the masses keep reading and reposting it!
Old 12th March 2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
So you're saying photos of pax in a secure cockpit in flight does not raise some suspicion? Smoking in a cockpit?

Im sure your aware of the backside kicking you would be getting Hugh if you took someone up front inflight for photos.

How do you know something similar dident happen on this flight and the tech crew accidently disconnected the autopilot causing an uncontrolled spin?

My partner who is a current A330 pilot and myself being cabin crew would be dismissed if we let any pax in the cockpit!

Anyway.... no more speculating from me....

I'm well aware of my responsibilities with regard to flight deck security (and smoking on an aircraft). But thanks for reminding me, Tamara.

The flight in question happened 3 years ago, according to the claimant. If she was TRULY concerned about security and safety, why didn't she report it to MAS at the time? Seems she's looking for 15 minutes of fame with the tabloids, who are desperate to capitalise on other peoples' follies. That makes me sick.
Old 12th March 2014, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jarse View Post
I'm well aware of my responsibilities with regard to flight deck security (and smoking on an aircraft). But thanks for reminding me, Tamara.
was not having a go at you. In relation to the aca report im sure the girls got a nice little slice of cash
Old 12th March 2014, 07:53 PM

watching ABC News 24 and it's absolutely apparent that the people answering the questions are out of their depth.

Next Flights:
Old 12th March 2014, 08:20 PM

they seem to avoid answering the quistain about acars and keeps mumbling about radar

I just saw ads on channel 7 for a one hour show "what happened to MH370" to be screened at 10:30PM tommorow night"

Last edited by Tamara S; 12th March 2014 at 08:30 PM.