Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 31st July 2018, 08:48 PM
Moderator Moderator is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 209
Default August/September 2018 - Noteworthy Movements Only (No Photos Please)

Post Noteworthy Movements for August here. This thread is for movements only, all pictures and discussion (including questions) should go in the Movements Discussion and Photo Thread.
__________________
Moderator
"Live every day to the fullest - in moderation."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 21st August 2018, 07:18 PM
lloyd fox lloyd fox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,271
Default

BNE had a Big Boy tonight with USAF C5M Galaxy 84-0061 as Reach 361 from HIK.

As far as i can remember YBBN last Galaxy was in the 80's????

I will post pics tomorrow arvo.

We also have a first time aircraft type to Australia also tomorrow.I cannot spill the beans at this stage
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 23rd August 2018, 08:20 AM
David C David C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tahmoor NSW
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd fox View Post
BNE had a Big Boy tonight with USAF C5M Galaxy 84-0061 as Reach 361 from HIK.

As far as i can remember YBBN last Galaxy was in the 80's????

I will post pics tomorrow arvo.

We also have a first time aircraft type to Australia also tomorrow.I cannot spill the beans at this stage
So what was the first time aircraft then ?

Dave C
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23rd August 2018, 03:29 PM
lloyd fox lloyd fox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by David C View Post
So what was the first time aircraft then ?

Dave C
Hi David my info source was not correct.I thought BNE was getting a 737MAX7 BBJ but it was just a 737-700BBJ with the new dual winglets.However has anyone else had a BBJ with the new winglets before.I do understand Silk Air fly the 737-8max into DRW and CNS with the new winglets.

Just about to post pics on the Brisbane page.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:31 PM
David C David C is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tahmoor NSW
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd fox View Post
Hi David my info source was not correct.I thought BNE was getting a 737MAX7 BBJ but it was just a 737-700BBJ with the new dual winglets.However has anyone else had a BBJ with the new winglets before.I do understand Silk Air fly the 737-8max into DRW and CNS with the new winglets.

Just about to post pics on the Brisbane page.

No worries at all . I hate to sound pedantic , but the winglets on the visiting 737-700BBJ are called the scimitar winglet . The winglets on the Silk Air 737 MAX are called Advanced Technology winglets . Although very similar , they are quite different when viewed together . I understand that Boeing have offered 4 different types of winglets over the life of the 737 . Thanks mate for posting a photo on the Brisbane page .

Dave C
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th August 2018, 03:54 PM
lloyd fox lloyd fox is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,271
Default

Thanks for that David and i never knew that.Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25th August 2018, 10:24 AM
Ricky T Ricky T is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SYD and (sometimes) MEL
Posts: 118
Default

Spotted new NZ 777-300ER ZK-OKT (ex EVA Air B-16717) at SYD for the first time. She entered service with NZ on the 23rd of August.
__________________
Upcoming flights

21 Dec QF 463 SYD-MEL 73H
28 Dec QF 494 MEL-SYD 73H
25 Jan QF 1585 SYD-HBA 712
28 Jan VA 1537 HBA-SYD 73H
08 Feb QF 467 SYD-MEL 332
10 Feb QF 494 MEL-SYD 73H
29 Mar QF 467 SYD-MEL 332
31 Mar QF 490 MEL-SYD 73H
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 04:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright Sydney Airport Message Board 1997-2016
Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the Conditions of Use and Privacy Statement