Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 27th September 2020, 07:27 PM

ZNC currently on the way to SYD from LAX as QF6026.
Old 2nd October 2020, 01:08 PM

Movement of a Qantas 787-9 at Paine Field - looking at the 'background' of each of these pics ...

30th Sep (no time) Payne Field Blog pic ... with a Vistara 787 to right of the American Airlines 787 on the flight line. So what ? see below ...

30th Sep ~3:30 p.m. Jen Schuld pic shows a Qantas tail in the Fuel dock. At full zoom, I think this is more likely NL than NN.
(You may need to click on left hand image, although link is to the full image)

1st Oct ~1:30 p.m. Another Jen Schuld pic now shows a Qantas 787 next to the American Airlines 787 on the flight line - tail letters not really visible.

So is VH-ZNL about to do its B1, followed by transfer to Victorville ?

Oh, and a warning to visitors to the Paine Field Blog - always click on the 'thumbnail' images and read the date in the description under the zoomed image. Sometimes, if a flight is missed, an older pic of same aircraft is posted, this resolves some apparent weather anomalies for photos posted together. (The three on 1st October are a worst case example, not one was taken that day !!)

Last edited by Justin L; 3rd October 2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Corrected spelling of Paine Field.
Old 7th October 2020, 12:33 AM

Snapped a couple of pics of ZNM at VCV over the weekend. Sorry for the pic size, I have no idea how to make smaller

Old 7th October 2020, 10:25 AM

Crumbs, it's got no windows, not even plugs, apart from the usual five. It looks as though there will be a lot of work for Boeing to perform before ZNM is eventually ready for delivery.
Old 7th October 2020, 10:31 AM

Can someone please let me know what the two covers are protecting on the tail. Many thanks.

Last edited by James Smith; 7th October 2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 7th October 2020, 12:43 PM

It had windows when it left Everett!

http://www.paineairport.com/kpae18648h.htm
Old 7th October 2020, 01:05 PM

Boeing protecting its asset - a careful look at James's two close up pics shows the windows are there - covered with white plastic. The "plugged" widows are there in the departure photo, hence not requiring additional protection.

Unlike the Qantas A380s - see photo links in Greg's post on 28th Sept in that thread.
Old 7th October 2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
Crumbs, it's got no windows, not even plugs, apart from the usual five. It looks as though there will be a lot of work for Boeing to perform before ZNM is eventually ready for delivery.
Freighter conversion, perhaps?

Jokes aside, it kind of looks right, though. A sneak preview of what the 787 would look like as a freighter.
Old 7th October 2020, 01:45 PM

Thanks Peter. Yes, you can just make out the windows under the AS of QANTAS in the close up photo but it takes a little time for my eyes to notice. It is very nicely colour co-ordinated fabric or plastic and you can't see any edges or joins. A very nice job.
Old 7th October 2020, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Smith View Post
Thanks Peter. Yes, you can just make out the windows under the AS of QANTAS in the close up photo but it takes a little time for my eyes to notice. It is very nicely colour co-ordinated fabric or plastic and you can't see any edges or joins. A very nice job.
I would say the junky iPhone quality photo doesn't help also. Apologies for that, was the only camera I had on me at the time