Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th May 2011, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S... 2 View Post
Wow... the most awesome economy interior I've ever seen... VA will go far!

Poor Qantas... what a challenge... !
Steve what makes it so awesome? To me, excluding the sky interior in the 737 (which is a Boeing initiative that other airlines including, I beleive Qantas will get), the seating and general cabin ambiance doesn't seem that different to any other carrier out there.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:10 AM

YFC is about to operate the 11.15am 837 Melbourne to Sydney.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris d View Post
Sir Richard and John Borghetti were on a business show last night
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/business/

YFC is in Brisbane tomo for photo shoot - then Saturday >>

DJ 0908 BNE SYD
DJ 0925 SYD BNE
DJ 0942 BNE SYD
DJ 0523 SYD OOL
DJ 0528 OOL SYD
DJ 0535 SYD OOL
Old 5th May 2011, 11:31 AM

Hey Radi Thanks for the info hopefully weather is good in Sydney this week-end.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:35 AM

Default Virgin's new interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
Steve what makes it so awesome? To me, excluding the sky interior in the 737 (which is a Boeing initiative that other airlines including, I beleive Qantas will get), the seating and general cabin ambiance doesn't seem that different to any other carrier out there.
The difference is its new. That's it. Give it a few years and when tiger revamps it's interior we'll all be wowed like we are now.

Todd.
Old 5th May 2011, 12:25 PM

Slightly off topic,but I think the greatest brand "Refresh" of all time in the airline industry was undertaken nearly 50 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3_aNtQFsLk
Old 5th May 2011, 01:03 PM

Further to my earlier post about the name placement on the A330, looking at all the new print media images of the A330 the name is shown lower down on the side with the bottom of the 'g' cut by the window, just like I said it should be. The name is then fully on the side rather than the top being lost by the curve of the fuselage.
Old 5th May 2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hendry View Post
The difference is its new. That's it. Give it a few years and when tiger revamps it's interior we'll all be wowed like we are now.

Todd.
Yeah it does really make me wonder. Whilst of course I champion the changes and think an alternative to Qantas is very much needed, I haven't seen anything as yet that I would call a game changer. Yes the cabins look nice and the changes are certainly a positive for the company and passenger, but as you say so they should because they are new, but nothing about it is really revolutionary or what I would call awsome.

No doubt Qantas will loose business as Virgin moves into the full service carrier mold, but don't think they will be quivering in their boots just yet. They will continue to change their product as they constantly do to counter any challenge from Virgin but clearly no need for wholsale changes.
Old 5th May 2011, 01:55 PM
AaronBradford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
Yeah it does really make me wonder. Whilst of course I champion the changes and think an alternative to Qantas is very much needed, I haven't seen anything as yet that I would call a game changer. Yes the cabins look nice and the changes are certainly a positive for the company and passenger, but as you say so they should because they are new, but nothing about it is really revolutionary or what I would call awsome.

No doubt Qantas will loose business as Virgin moves into the full service carrier mold, but don't think they will be quivering in their boots just yet. They will continue to change their product as they constantly do to counter any challenge from Virgin but clearly no need for wholsale changes.
Don't forget, it's not over. The forthcoming changes to Velocity may well be the game-changer, but we'll wait and see.
Old 5th May 2011, 02:21 PM

What changes could they make to turn Velocity into a game changer? Again if anything the changes will be a matcher, not game changer.