Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st February 2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Default February Noteworthy Movements Discussion

Pictures, Comments, Questions etc for February Noteworthy Movements should be posted here.
Old 4th February 2013, 05:20 PM

A Cathay Pacific A330-300 was damaged at SYD airport with the incorrect operation of the aerobridge causing the front left door to buckle. A replacement door has been taken from a sistership and flown in to SYD to be fixed on this aircraft. I'm guessing QFA7594 operated by N409MC could be bringing it to Sydney as it's inbound from Hong Kong. CX111 was the flight and it was operated by B-LAN on the 2nd of February. I'd like to thank Airline Hub Buzz (Facebook name) and Stefan Perkas for finding out this information.

Last edited by Rory Delaney; 4th February 2013 at 07:07 PM.
Old 4th February 2013, 05:44 PM

Gonna take a stab in the dark and say the rego is B-LAN which was parked up in the bay 72 area for several days late last week. It'd been moved from that area when i passed by at around 1400 this afternoon. Flightradar has no record of movement since the 2nd.
Old 4th February 2013, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Delaney View Post
A Cathay Pacific A330-300 was damaged today at SYD airport with the incorrect operation of the aerobridge causing the front left door to buckle. A replacement door has been taken from a sistership and flown in to SYD to be fixed on this aircraft. I'm guessing QFA7594 operated by N409MC could be bringing it to Sydney as it's inbound from Hong Kong. CX111 was the flight and it was operated by B-LAN on the 2nd of February. I'd like to thank Airline Hub Buzz (Facebook name) and Stefan Perkas for finding out this information.
I am confused,you said the door was damaged today 4th FEB yet you said the flight was operated by B-LAN 2nd FEB
Old 4th February 2013, 07:07 PM

Yeah I know, it was only reported today on FB when I saw it from Airline Hub Buzz, but Stefan told me the rego was B-LAN. I checked flightaware and the last recorded flight was CX111 on the 2nd of February, departing Hong Kong on the 1st and arriving on the 2nd at Sydney. Sorry for that Paul!
Old 4th February 2013, 07:33 PM

Thats ok thanks Rory.
Old 4th February 2013, 08:03 PM

Thumbs up

Another flight affected with delays today was KAL121/122. I know because my sister was supposed to be on board this flight but managed to get a seat in Asiana instead.

As you can see on FR24, KAL121 is around about Emerald right now. Do you think she'll make it before the curfew? If not, I would think that'll be the last thing Korean Air needs.

Regards,
HB
Old 4th February 2013, 08:54 PM
Prolific Member

At this stage it's due for 2235 as an arrival time. It will be going to Bay 35 T1. HL7404 is the bird.
Old 8th February 2013, 10:25 AM

China Southern's Adelaide service today for the Harbin Ice festival is operated by B-2056 which is in the SkyTeam livery. http://flightaware.com/live/flight/B2056
Old 11th February 2013, 05:02 PM

Managed to get to Bankstown earlier but the ATP had already been towed into the Pionair Hangar.

Was fortunate enough to be allowed some photos with the help of an English mechanic who worked for the original owners of the ATP when it was with Emerald. He had flown in that day to help with engine maintainance.

The plane is here for a couple of days so may depart Wed/Thursday.

Anyway here are 2 images, I would have liked a starboard side shot but they were working on the engine so didn't want to overstay my welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PKDGI11.jpg (47.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg PKDGI11A.jpg (48.7 KB, 37 views)

http://www.paggsy.smugmug.com