Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Radar Spotting

Old 8th November 2012, 07:27 PM

Default AirNav RadarBox on second computer

Hi all,

I have set up the AirNav program on a new computer running windows 7 and for some reason it wont detect the hardware? I'm in the process of swapping a few programs over and want the airnav program to be running on the new computer 24/7 but it says hardware not contected. The programs starts up normal etc and opens up, the password all works etc and it goes into the main page, however the hardware connection symbol is red.

My subscription has lapsed, just wondering if I have to renew it before it will run on the other computer? run perfect on the old computer. I look forward to any comments.

Cheers

Greg
Old 9th November 2012, 07:03 PM

Hi Greg,
I assume that your Windows 7 is the 64bit-version. In that case you need to download a specific driver from the AirNav homepage.
If you scroll down a bit on this page you will find the download link together with a description of how to install it:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/Radarbox/support.html
Old 11th November 2012, 02:04 PM

Thanks for that I have got it working now, only problem is I have lost the 3D function of the program. On initial startup the button is stilll there, but once the program starts up it goes away.
Old 12th November 2012, 07:46 PM

I don't think that it will solve your problem with the 3D but what you can try is not to start the software directly but instead right-click the icon and then select to start it as an administrator.

If that really does not work, you should contact the AirNav support and I am sure they can help you out.