Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 9th March 2010, 03:51 PM

Default Qantas Group A330 Changes

Hi all,

As you may know the QF group has at least 6 additional A332s that will begin to be delivered from NOV this year.

VH-EBO will be delivered new to QF in November with the new QF domestic config/product. VH-EBO will directly replace A332 VH-EBJ which will then move across to JQ.
(VH-EBJ is the only QF domestic A330 that doesnt have the new seats/IFE)

VH-EBP onwards will all be delivered to Jetstar.

Thanks

Last edited by Brad Myer; 9th March 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 9th March 2010, 04:21 PM

Thanks Brad! The new A332s would be a nice change for us regulars on the transcons (no more having to take a gamble on the 575/580 even though it is now a one in three chance of getting the one with no inseat TV).

Was wondering if QF would take any more A332s... would be good for their domestic ops I reckon... they have plenty of those internationally-configured ones on domestic flights, I wonder if they would, in time to come, reconfigure them to a domestic configuration.

Wenglock.
Old 9th March 2010, 05:12 PM

The ones at Jetstar now were first ordered by Qantas and operated on domestic runs, in particular up the east coast and were found to take too long to turn around. Hence why they were banished to Jetstar. I don't see them coming back to Qantas domestic in numbers, as it would seem that run's to Perth are where they have found their domestic niche.

The 787's are what are apparently going to be the mainstay of the domestic wide body fleet and as was recently announced Qantas is going to receive their batch direct, rather than 2nd hand from Jetstar which was the original plan.
Old 9th March 2010, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Was wondering if QF would take any more A332s... would be good for their domestic ops I reckon... they have plenty of those internationally-configured ones on domestic flights, I wonder if they would, in time to come, reconfigure them to a domestic configuration.
I think you will find the Intl A332s will begin to return to Intl flying with talk of SYD-MNL, SYD-HNL and some AKL-LAX all getting A330 services before years end.

Quote:
The 787's are what are apparently going to be the mainstay of the domestic wide body fleet and as was recently announced Qantas is going to receive their batch direct, rather than 2nd hand from Jetstar which was the original plan.
The original plan was for the B788s to go to JQ then be replaced later by B789s, with the B788s then going to QF domestic.

Now the plan is for the B788s to go straight to QF domestic, and the first batch of B789s going to JQ and the second batch of B789s going to QF Intl.
Old 9th March 2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Myer View Post
Now the plan is for the B788s to go straight to QF domestic, and the first batch of B789s going to JQ and the second batch of B789s going to QF Intl.
Correct, which is exactly what I was saying.
Old 10th March 2010, 02:58 AM

This is the most recent info I can find...published in June 2009

Quote:
50 aircraft are firm orders.
Orders for 15 B787-9s scheduled for delivery in 2014 – 2015 were cancelled by Qantas in an announcement made on 26 June 2009 reducing the firm order from 65 to 50 aircraft.
The announcement also included the delivery of the 50 aircraft to be delayed by four years.
The Group’s first 15 aircraft (B787-9s for Jetstar international operations) will be delivered from mid–2013.
15 B787-8s will follow over twelve months from the fourth quarter of 2014 for Qantas domestic operations.
The remaining firm deliveries being 20 B787-8s and B787-9s for both Qantas and Jetstar international operations, take place from the fourth quarter of 2015 through to 2017.
Old 10th March 2010, 04:41 AM

The original plan was for the 787-8's to be delivered to Jetstar, then when the 787-9's come online the 8's were to go to Qantas. Now the -8's are going direct.