Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th October 2008, 01:48 PM

Left YMML got so far then turned around. It is currently heading north east of YMML at 25000ft. They must be having trouble as both Adelaide flights were canceled today.

Just turned and heading back into YMML now
Old 12th October 2008, 03:49 PM

Just saw her again about 45 mins ago leaving YMML, again in the same direction as previously mentioned
Old 13th October 2008, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Saragozza. View Post
off topic but,
would you think that QF will send it to the Avalon Air Show?
it would be nice if they did.
last air show they had a 744 and a 738.. so i guess we will have to wait and see.
IMO the first three aircraft and their schedules are all accounted for. Although MSN 026 - VH-OQD - is scheduled for delivery in QTR 1 -2009, if it is delivered prior to the commencement of the show I could see it being used on show, I could not see QF taking one of the three out of their flying schedule to be used on display. QF over the years has put little interest in the airshow apart from a jet on display on Sunday as used for a FIFO. The last time it had a jet on display over the whole airshow eg on Friday, well was ......... I cannot remember it was that long ago. Having said that you would think maybe DJ and the others could do something as well. The civil airlines show little interest in the airshow, such a shame, but then again they see it as the show does not make money for them.
Old 13th October 2008, 08:35 AM

Is AVV A380 ready? (...taxiways and runways wide enough). With an almost 80m wingspan it might be difficult to shuffle her in and out. I know that when we were in SIN we had to taxi out the long way to the runway because not all the taxiways have the clearance. Ive never been to the airshow but I imagine there isnt a lot of space for an A380 to do a FIFO. I hope I am wrong cos it would be a fantastic day out
Old 13th October 2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Parker View Post
IMO the first three aircraft and their schedules are all accounted for. Although MSN 026 - VH-OQD - is scheduled for delivery in QTR 1 -2009, if it is delivered prior to the commencement of the show I could see it being used on show, I could not see QF taking one of the three out of their flying schedule to be used on display. QF over the years has put little interest in the airshow apart from a jet on display on Sunday as used for a FIFO. The last time it had a jet on display over the whole airshow eg on Friday, well was ......... I cannot remember it was that long ago. Having said that you would think maybe DJ and the others could do something as well. The civil airlines show little interest in the airshow, such a shame, but then again they see it as the show does not make money for them.
That's because, despite some of the lighties and the aeros, Avalon is mainly a military airshow and is marketed as such. There is little to be gained in a marketing sense from displaying airliners at the airshow, as airliner buyers, e.g. airline execs, do not attend the show in a buying frame of mind.

Once upon a time when Qantas was government owned, the airline was almost obliged to display at airshows in order to show the taxpayers where there 'hard earned' was going. Not any more...
Old 13th October 2008, 12:28 PM

Not sure if i'm gonna head out to the airport or not, but does anyone have a confirmed arrival time for Perth?

I've heard a 0750 arrival?
Old 13th October 2008, 06:42 PM

Hi al1
Finally get an opportunity to get to Sydney tomorrow, Tuesday. Any chance that Qantas' big Girl will be in or out YSSY during the day?
Don't fancy the weather forecast but opportunities recently have been very limited.
Cheers John
Old 13th October 2008, 06:48 PM

Due to fly to Perffff as QF6006 at 06:00 AM
Old 13th October 2008, 06:58 PM

Thanks Matthew. Shame dat is, tis just a widdle bit early. Wonder will it boomerang?
Cheers John
Old 13th October 2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew mcdonald View Post
Due to fly to Perffff as QF6006 at 06:00 AM
That goes for an arrival right on 0800 for a 5 hour flight.