Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 1st November 2009, 02:01 PM

Settle down cowboy!

I'm a Virgin FF with in excess of 500,000 points, but I thought would see what all the fuss was about.

I flew down on Wednesday (VH-VNC) TT663 and returned on Thursday afternoon (VH-VNB) TT684.

Both flights departed on time and arrived on time.

Flight down was $28.00 + $6.00 credit card fee (still $50+ cheaper than DJ, JQ or QF).

Flight back was $10.00 more, I opted to purchase luggage allowance because I was returning from a conference and knew I would be bringing back giveaways.

The only problems at check-in were from those people who have not got the slightest idea about how to read and more importantly Terms and Conditions.

Would I fly with Tiger again? YES.

At the end of the day, for me it was a business trip, it saved my company money and I got to fly on a new carrier without any hassles.

Steve S, I hope you have flown with Tiger, if so then your opinion is that. yours.

If not then, I suggest you try them out before making such comments....and I do not work for the anyone in the airline industry, my next trip is to AKL in 3 weeks with EK on an A380, why, because they were the cheapest on the days I needed to travel!
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:05 PM

I think we all know that Tiger is cheap so statements saying how good the flights were when things go well are "old news"

The ongoing problem with Tiger is when something goes wrong, they do nothing to fix the problem.

For that reason alone I have never flown them and never will.
Old 4th November 2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
For that reason alone I have never flown them and never will.
Same here i want to get to my destination within a reasonable timeframe.Do not have the time to be worried that i might be late for a meeting or an exhibition.
Old 4th November 2009, 09:34 PM

Gareth - i take it Virgin operate the 737 - 800 with similar dispensation from CASA given 4 cabin crew and 180 seats.

As a very regular Mel - Syd flier i would add that for a variety of reasons delays and cancellations seem to be common and i would not agree that other airlines procedures work as often - excuse the pun but when delay and cancellations occur the wheels fall off and the best laid plans and information for passengers goes out the window. Main problem for Tiger when these things happen is small fleet and small staff numbers makes a delay for pax much longer than QF or DJ.

I have to add i have not flown Tiger as the 45 minute check in cut off would mean getting up too early so stick with DJ and webcheck so we can arrive at just before 7 for the 7:15. Plus if it is that important (ie travelling for work) why risk a cheap fare as the delay costs you more in lost time.