Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th August 2013, 09:59 PM

Hi mark,

There was a trip report posted the other day about china southern, although its premium economy, to me it looks the same..it's also from syd-can here's the link:
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/242928/

James
Old 28th August 2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Noldt View Post
Mark,
I flew with China Southern in 2006 and again in 2008/2009 and what Sarah posted would be my response also. The food was just ok along with the service. Both flights were A330.
The thing that really cheesed me off was, as soon as they fed you they had all the window shutters closed. It was from around midday till TOD around 4.30 local time. Did not see any of Australia's outback or top end.
I have also flown with Air China, China Eastern and China Airlines. All would be on par with China Southern, and all had the window shutters closed for the entire flight. Air China was a night flight so it did not matter.
I also flew domestic with China Southern, same experience. Aircraft were "very used".

Brian
I read somewhere a while back that the reasons why some airlines insist on the window shutters be closed are:

* eliminate sun glare.

* so that passengers are make full use of the entertainment system without the glare from outside. Many airlines make big emphasis on promoting their in flight entertainment and do not want it to be ruined by sun glare.
Old 28th August 2013, 09:30 AM

I get so cheesed off at this. Why do I request a window seat. The scenery outside is far more interesting at times.

Just look at airline ads for say the Boeing 787.Bigger windows. Why not make them the size of pigeon holes if they don't want them open
Old 28th August 2013, 08:07 PM

Mark,

Flew Sydney to Guangzhou 6 months ago, A330 again. Service was OK, food not as good as others. Would fly them again but if only all other airlines were taken.

Jacob