Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 5th May 2011, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley D View Post
Look what Qantas did with the interiors of their A380's.... They had a big chance to wow everybody there but it turned out pretty bland.
True, but what does that have to do with Virgin Australia, who have been (over) hyping their changes, when it appears that what they will be offering is going to be good, but in the end maybe not as good as it is being hyped up as?

PS Just worked out the link. The guy who was instrumental in the product development on the A380's with Qantas is also the same guy now running Virgin Australia a one John Borghetti. Personally think he was 100% on the money with the Qantas A380 (it is a good product well suited to said aircraft and needs of the market) and I believe the changes he is making at Virgin are also 100% on the money and WILL re-invent Virgin into a formidable competitor to Qantas. My gripe is with the hype, as indicated by the fact this thread is now over 500 posts long!

Last edited by Ash W; 5th May 2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 5th May 2011, 07:16 PM

This is post #516 on this thread................surely some kind of record for this board??? Does anyone know????
Old 5th May 2011, 07:26 PM

Only 3 E170's to leave the fleet by end of June, last 3 will leave between then and the end June 2012 as the ATR's come on line. Could chance those flights will go to the 190.
Old 5th May 2011, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A McLaughlin View Post
No, it's only available on new build aircraft.

While the Sky interior is standard to all new 737s a
Are you sure about this? I thought the "Sky Interior" was an option on new build 737s.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qantas-domes...-video-screens

Quote:
Qantas appears set to unveil a radical new-look cabin for its domestic fleet aircraft later this year when the airline takes delivery of its first Boeing 737NG (or 'Next Generation') fitted with Boeing's slick Sky Interior and video screens for every economy seat.
Although Boeing has yet to announce Qantas' purchase of the optional Sky Interior cabin
... continues

Of course, this may be dodgy reporting from "Australian Business Traveller"

Nah, just found this...

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-interior.html

Quote:
Existing customers have the option to keep the existing 737 Next Generation interior or move to the new Sky Interior. New customers have been required to select the new interior.
You were right all along

Last edited by Mike W; 5th May 2011 at 08:18 PM.
Old 5th May 2011, 08:25 PM

Keeping in mind Virgin need to start making some money too and actually be profitable...........
Old 5th May 2011, 08:34 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi K View Post
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/business/

Saturday >>

DJ 0908 BNE SYD
DJ 0925 SYD BNE
DJ 0942 BNE SYD
DJ 0523 SYD OOL
DJ 0528 OOL SYD
DJ 0535 SYD OOL
I'll be waiting at OOL!!! Luckily it arrives an hour and a half after I finish work!!!

JetPhotos.net (1381 Photos)
Old 5th May 2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radi K View Post
http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/business/

YFC is in Brisbane tomo for photo shoot - then Saturday >>

DJ 0908 BNE SYD
DJ 0925 SYD BNE
DJ 0942 BNE SYD
DJ 0523 SYD OOL
DJ 0528 OOL SYD
DJ 0535 SYD OOL
I bet if I book to go on one of those flights, YFC won't operate it.. I don't know whether I should or not

Jetphotos.net
Airliners.net
Old 5th May 2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt A View Post
Nice shot from a dude in CHC:

Great shot of this in the early morning such soft lighting from behind.
Old 5th May 2011, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash W View Post
True, but what does that have to do with Virgin Australia, who have been (over) hyping their changes, when it appears that what they will be offering is going to be good, but in the end maybe not as good as it is being hyped up as?

PS Just worked out the link. The guy who was instrumental in the product development on the A380's with Qantas is also the same guy now running Virgin Australia a one John Borghetti. Personally think he was 100% on the money with the Qantas A380 (it is a good product well suited to said aircraft and needs of the market) and I believe the changes he is making at Virgin are also 100% on the money and WILL re-invent Virgin into a formidable competitor to Qantas. My gripe is with the hype, as indicated by the fact this thread is now over 500 posts long!
Well I guess the hype has done it's job.

For the record, I love the look of the new Virgin 737 interior & if Qantas can get theirs looking as attractive as this then great!
Old 5th May 2011, 10:02 PM

the comment regarding the a380s, I think JB didn't get it quite right in terms of the numbers of F and J seats on the A380.

The livery is not bad but it would be nice to have an emphasis of purple on the font somewhere. The Virgin on the tail is a bit plain too,