Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Services and General > Admin and Feedback

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th May 2012, 12:47 PM

Default Spotting Weekend 2012 - Thank You from the members

On behalf of the 34-odd spotters who were fortunate enough to be on the tour this morning, I just want to say a huge thank you. Thank you to Kurt for all his organisation, but also to Nigel C, Anne, the bus driver and everyone else who was involved. There was clearly a lot of work done by everyone to get it happening, and fingers crossed it might be an annual event.

As for the tour itself, it was sensational. The bus did the same loop basically as the old Tarmac Tour, the bus was stopped at the end of 16R to see two amazing 747 rotations - the weather was great as well (a little cold in the strong wind but the light was good too). But the highlight was being allowed out onto a section near Rwy 25/16R for about an hour (I lost track of the time) and seeing a lot of action. Others might post pictures of the location to show how good it was but I don't think you could get physically closer to the aircraft.

Once again, thank you so much for an enjoyable morning and it was great to finally meet many of the board members.

All I can say is that is the best $15 I have ever spent.......