Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd June 2010, 10:30 AM

Default Predicting FOG

Hi to all,
I have a commercial flight in a few weeks which arrives in Sydney around 8:30 am. From there I have commitments a short taxi ride form the airport that start at 10am which I must be there in time for.

At the time of booking my flight, arriving in Sydney the night before was not possible however now things have changed and I could look at this as the 'safe option', although it is not preference.

My main concern is having the morning flight delayed due to Fog.
If the flight is delayed 30-45 mins I should be ok, however delays any longer and I will be late.

I see some nights during the weather forecast on the 6pm news that "morning fog is predicted", although this forecast is often inaccurate - (understandably difficult to predict I can appreciate)

Is there any 'tool' or weather service which airlines/pilots/ATC use to predict fog 10+ hours ahead of time which has a rather high degree of accuracy?

cheers

Last edited by Adam.S; 3rd June 2010 at 10:38 AM.