Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 8th December 2009, 03:46 PM
Prolific Member

Default PACIFIC FLIER out of BNE finally.

www.pacificflier.com

A310 3 times a week to micronesia eff 7jan 2010 onto MNL or NRT.
Old 8th December 2009, 05:25 PM

I'd definitely take one of those flights. I loved Guam, and would love to visit Palau.

The flights to and from Japan for both myself and my brother (him JO/JL KIX-GUM, and me CO/CS NRT-GUM) were very full, and for a 4 hour long flight they weren't the cheapest flights!!

Saipan is not as nice as Guam, either but I'd imagine Palau would be more like Fiji.
Old 8th December 2009, 05:34 PM

Is it just me or is their schedule on their website too confusing to make any sense? Also they talk about online booking but nowhere to do it.

I wish them luck but pretty brave starting flights exactly a month after launching the airline. I suspect pretty low loads for the first couple of months await...

That said, it's smart pretty smart to offer connections to NRT and MNL to fill up the plane (though from the schedule it's hard to work out how good the connections actually are). Pricing will have to be competitive to compete with the non-stop options, though.

Good luck to them... Tempting to get on board if only for the A310
Old 8th December 2009, 09:56 PM

http://www.pacificflier.com/flying-with-us/our-aircraft
Old 10th December 2009, 12:27 AM

Default Also more new flights for Brisbane

Quote:
February will see limited nonstop PVG-BNE-PVG China Eastern services with A340-300 equipment and New Caledonia-based carrier Aircalin will also introduce a seasonal Tuesday A320 service from Noumea to Brisbane (in addition to the odd extra A330-200 flight) and continue operating Thursday services with A330-200 equipment.

Garuda Indonesia is also set to return to Brisbane with effect March 2010, however reports are conflicting, with a suggestion of 4 weekly DPS/BNE services or 4 weekly CGK/BNE services. Interestingly, Strategic Airlines is planning on introducing BNE/DPS services in Q1 2010.
Source: David B:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...postcount=1183

So a lot of exciting news there!
Old 10th December 2009, 09:10 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for posting up the intial information for me. I have been busy with my colleagues finalsing everything for the launch. The res system should be up in next day or so.

For those in BNE you should see the aircraft arrive in BNE from ROR on 8th JAN at 0545. It will be stationed there the whole day and depart for GUM on TUE 9th at 0730am.

If you require any information like industry specials, PDF of schedule etc please email me malcolm@aerius.com.au