Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Aviation Industry News and Discussion > Australia and New Zealand Industry

Old 7th August 2010, 08:27 PM

Default JQ Domestic Changes

Look for some upcoming announcements from JQ for new domestic services. Some changes that I've noticed on the incomplete schedules for NW10 are firstly, the ADL-PER-ADL rotation has gone, with the ADL-PER and PER-ADL flight now operated by different aircraft, one of which either overnights in PER or does a redeye (PER-OOL?) after the evening ADL-PER run. There would have to be some sort of triangular route here to get the crew back to base, otherwise they could pax back on some other service. The aircraft that does the PER-ADL will either overnight in ADL (are they re-opening a base there?), or more likely goes somewhere else also quite late at night, again in a triangular pattern. Secondly, from Jan 2, there seems to be a new A320 in the system, operating SYD-OOL-SYD but then nothing else after that so far. Some time changes to other routes, like MEL-TSV departing first thing from MEL rather than in the afternoon, the first OOL-NTL-OOL seems to be operated either by an OOL based A320, or maybe if they start PER-OOL as above, then this aircraft rotates through that way. Finally, JQ have moved their final HBA-MEL to the wonderful time of a 10PM departure from HBA, so they have obviously learnt nothing from when they had the midnight special on HBA-BNE a few years ago before they dropped it in favor of LST-BNE! LST-MEL does quite well with JQ and QF, with extra DH3 services on LST-MEL over Dec/Jan on top of the additional JQ 320, on top of the additional JQ 320 on LST-SYD, where as HBA gets shafted yet again, despite consistently having a significantly higher LF% on flights compared with LST.
Old 7th August 2010, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain C View Post
the first OOL-NTL-OOL seems to be operated either by an OOL based A320.
Hey Kain,

The first OOL-NTL-OOL service is a MEL crew who fly MEL-OOL as JQ436(i think) then do the OOL-NTL-OOL 491/490 then back to MEL and the second daily NTL-OOL-NTL-MEL-NTL is a Newy crew.
Old 8th August 2010, 03:59 AM

Apparently BNE-PER-BNE Is on the cards from the end of the year. Also BNE-ADL-BNE moves to a morning service, with BNE-LST-BNE moving to the middle of the day.
Old 8th August 2010, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bowrey View Post
Hey Kain,

The first OOL-NTL-OOL service is a MEL crew who fly MEL-OOL as JQ436(i think) then do the OOL-NTL-OOL 491/490 then back to MEL and the second daily NTL-OOL-NTL-MEL-NTL is a Newy crew.
Yes, but that all changes come NW10. That MEL-OOL service departs MEL at 0935, where as the first OOL-NTL departs OOL at 0800, so definitely a different aircraft.

BNE-PER-BNE sounds interesting Brad. Also, I noticed the BNE-ADL and BNE-LST changes, but forgot to write them down when I got carried away with my HBA rant!
Old 8th August 2010, 05:33 PM

The suggestion of a PER-OOL-PER run would be good for Jetstar and fill a gap in the network. Also a twice weekly OOL-HBA-OOL could be viable. There is still no flights yet from GOLD COAST to Tasmania or Western Australia.
Old 8th August 2010, 09:20 PM

But during winter, here in LST on some days we only have 3 flights a day compared to HBA's 6, so overall i think its pretty fair
Old 8th August 2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
[FONT="Arial"]

Tim - this is not correct. Recently a third A320 was based in OOL and the pattern is serviced by that aircraft and OOL crew:
We never got OOL based crew in NTL only MEL on the 1st of 2 OOL flights from what I can remember.
Old 13th August 2010, 10:59 AM

AVV flights barely exist when going into 2011. 2 SYD and 1 BNE on some days.

TT put the pressure on JQ in ROK, what are the chances of them pulling AVV?

Old 16th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Prolific Member

I believe the Jetstar BNE-PER-BNE flight is will be a red eye both ways.
Around 8pm out of BNE back around 0700 am.
Old 17th August 2010, 08:15 AM

OOL-PER and BNE-PER now up for sale on the JQ website