Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 6th February 2009, 07:28 PM

Default If you want a laugh, watch these flights....

G'day All!

I was hoping to make it along to finally meet a few more people from the board, but now it looks like I'll be adding to the entertainment.

Saturday I'll be operating the QF408 MEL SYD, landing at about 8:30am, and then departing Sydney on the QF924 to CNS at about 9:15.

Sunday doing the 925 from CNS arriving at about 4:00pm, and departing at 4:50 as the 569 to Perth.

I know we're only ANOTHER 767 that you'll see, but feel free to give us a wave if you want... guaranteed a wave or two back!

Hope the weather holds and everyone has a great time... looking forward to hearing (and seeing) all about it.

Owen.

P.S Feel free to score the landing... if its a cruncher, I'll just claim it wasn't mine
Old 6th February 2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen H View Post
G'day All!

P.S Feel free to score the landing... if its a cruncher, I'll just claim it wasn't mine
Haha!

I was there for one of Owen's line training flights QF operated service from AKL i think it was? on New Years day at the beach carpark.

Anyways winds were going crazy on short finals with at least 3-4 going around- and not sure if you were in command on that flight Owen? but i happened to be filming and the footage is on youtube.
See the other thread i made for the link.

Judging on the go around and 2nd landing on 34R- if that was you mate, its a pretty high score
Old 6th February 2009, 07:58 PM

Thanks for the compliment Matt, but I'll have to pass it on to the Captain... both the Go Around and the 34R landing were his efforts (fortunately ).

They were pretty challenging conditions, and thats why he's got four bars and gets paid more than I do

He has seen the video, and is now aware of and has visited this site, so your compliments may have been noticed! He is now also well aware of the requirement to wave at spotters when seen on "the hill" and the beach