Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th January 2009, 04:15 PM

Default Newest Australian bizjet

Thought I was seeing things here at BFI today as an Australian Citation II rolled out in front of me. I was on the phone and totally missed shooting it so had to arrange for the necessary ramp tour to get my shots. Next stop was Ketchikan Alaska before Anchorage and then all stops back down to Oz. Enjoy!

http://flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/3237287419/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/3238122964/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/3238139044/sizes/o/

http://flickr.com/photos/bfiguy/

Scott
Old 30th January 2009, 04:20 PM

Thanks Scott always good to get more Australian Bizjets, nice photo`s as well. NSB C-550-0306 EX N206AG

Last edited by phil.l; 30th January 2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: left out c/n
Old 30th January 2009, 04:25 PM

Thanks Phil. I miss shooting the local stuff but really appreciate your wonderful posts that keep me up to date!
Glad our books and data are okay. I had the c/n in one of the shots I think.
Old 30th January 2009, 04:26 PM

Know worries, love the bizjets,Chris b says hi.
Old 30th January 2009, 05:35 PM
Prolific Member

Location: Sydney's Eastern Suburbs - View From Bondi To Jibbon Point And Bravo 10 South

Hi Scott,

I was interested to see that you had photographed the Citation outside Clay Lacy Aviation. Clay Lacy was a big name at Van Nuys in LA in the 1960s, flying the Hollywood Stars around the country in one of the first Lear Jets, N1965L. He is featured in One Six Right, The Romance Of Flying DVD, which I have an original copy of, with a note inside from Brian Terwilliger the producer.

When Brian released the Movie and DVD back in 2005, a lot of people were going to my web site www.16Right.com looking to buy the DVD. Brian wanted to purchase the domain name from me, but I decided to place an banner ad on the home page instead. He send send me a first release copy of the DVD and CD soundtrack, and included a note acknowledging the exchange.

The One Six Right DVD truely is about the Romance of Flying, and has some great historical and current day HD footage.

Last edited by Grahame Hutchison; 30th January 2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 31st January 2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahame Hutchison View Post
Hi Scott,

I was interested to see that you had photographed the Citation outside Clay Lacy Aviation. Clay Lacy was a big name at Van Nuys in LA in the 1960s, flying the Hollywood Stars around the country in one of the first Lear Jets, N1965L. He is featured in One Six Right, The Romance Of Flying DVD, which I have an original copy of, with a note inside from Brian Terwilliger the producer.

When Brian released the Movie and DVD back in 2005, a lot of people were going to my web site www.16Right.com looking to buy the DVD. Brian wanted to purchase the domain name from me, but I decided to place an banner ad on the home page instead. He send send me a first release copy of the DVD and CD soundtrack, and included a note acknowledging the exchange.

The One Six Right DVD truely is about the Romance of Flying, and has some great historical and current day HD footage.
Hi Graham,
Thanks. I remember the issues you had with the homepage when it occurred several years ago. Clay Lacy is still a huge part of his business running the two FBO's (here at BFI and also at VNY). He is still a part of the day to day ops also. I was down at VNY late last year and was trying to shoot the Caravelle (been wanting it for years!). Eventually the lady I was dealing with said "We'll let me just get Clay for you". I couldn't believe it! The conference room down there is chockers with his memorabilia. They have also just completed a new monster hanger here on the eastern side of the field.
Scott.

P.S) Hi Chris B!
Old 6th February 2009, 05:57 PM

Hi Scott/all

Just picked up VH-NSB on my RadarBox so it's around somewhere.

regards
Peter.
Old 8th February 2009, 02:23 PM
Prolific Member

Now there is a new newest biz jet

VH-KTG A Global 5000 just landed BNE on delivery.

Is this our 1st Global 5000 ?
Old 8th February 2009, 02:31 PM

I would say so Lloyd, i haven`t logged a Global 5000 with VH- before.
Old 9th February 2009, 01:46 AM

Without doubt Oz' first G5000 - Please post photos
Scott.