Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2011, 08:35 AM
Prolific Member

Lightbulb

Just a suggestion...

Rather than protest the contents of this thread here, why not use the appropriate Admin and Feedback section of the forum? That way it can be discussed for as long as you want and a solution or compromise, if needed, can be nutted out.
Old 11th June 2011, 11:00 AM

Well said, Nigel.
Old 11th June 2011, 03:01 PM

Thumbs down

FOR THE RECORD, I am NOT having a go...
I have said this before and I will say it again, it is a matter of housekeeping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald A View Post
Bernie

I post all the info on a new airframe, not for myself, but for people who might want it.
Yes Gerald, and whilst THAT is a good thing, in THIS thread, you said the following...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald A View Post
I dont want to waste my time searching through 25 Pages to find the info I might require on a newer airframe. Thats why I like to post a single thread, its easy to find.
I then replied with the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P View Post
BUT, ALL all YOU would have to do is a simle seach (you know, the little button up the top there) OR go to your profile and search for posts by you...

In 0.09 seconds, it came up with 500 posts!!!

Search > Advance Search > Search By User Name > (Drop Down Box) Option 1 Find Posts By User OR Option 2 Find Threads Started By User...

I am NOT having a go, I'd just like to see a little more housekeeping where as multiple threads of the same subject matter (these are all either NEW Deliveries OR First Flights) kept tidy in a single thread... To which, by your own admission, you'd be able to easliy find given it'll be in a single place!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
First of all lets keep this civil. We (the moderation team) spend a lot of our spare time cleaning up around here and stopping you blokes getting yourselves in trouble, we're not going to spend extra time creating threads for each topic and moving stuff into them.

That said, we're more than happy to create stickies if someone wants to make a thread for each month on new deliveries with a clear title (New Deliveries - July 2011, etc), that would be tidy and easy to reference. But we think special/unusual movements should get their own threads rather than grouping them into a month long thread, which would make them easy to miss for our users who just like to have a quick glance.
AND, whilst I am searching, the mods did a 'moderation' of this post to keep it 'civil'. I have in NO way been anything BUT civil, and open to discussion... I am a researcher by nature, and as such, I gather factual information which is why in the post above where I quoted the necessay bits of information, it was moderated OUT and thus losing the substance of the message... I have also suggested to Gerald (now several times) that perhaps by keeping information like this in a single thread would be easier, as with NOW, several other board members have also voiced a similar request...

So Nigel, I am not sure by putting such a request in the Admin & Feedback section would actually work, as clearly, neither the OP OR the mods (and again I must stress, I am not having a go, just stating an opinion) have listed to the masses... It would also be starting yet ANOTHER thread, that would be totally useless!!

I enjoy coming onto the site, reading often great information and have a social interaction. From what I have been told by some interstate friends, the Sydney (centric ?) people are a lot friendlier than those of other locations, and I have made many friendships through here, and spotting at YSSY... I hope that this will continue!

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images

Last edited by Bernie P; 11th June 2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Typo... Opps!
Old 11th June 2011, 03:17 PM

Bernie, You say that you like reading the great information provided on this site....well Gerald is one of the main people responsible for posting great info and it hasnt been a problem until this thread for some reason. I agree with Brendan in that it would probably be much more neat and tidy if we had a sticky for each of the main airlines seeing as they all still have deliveries to come.
Old 11th June 2011, 03:27 PM

AND, thats been my argument/suggestion ALL along... Keep it in a SINGLE thread!!!!!!

I've NEVER said his information isn't good, but the way in which its posted in multiple single posted threads could be better utilised...

My Flight Diary

My Photos Flickr Images
Old 11th June 2011, 03:34 PM

Fair enough...well then I guess we will see if the sticky thread for each airline happens or not.
Old 12th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Administrator

http://yssyforum.net/board/showthread.php?t=6964

Please voice your opinions in the above thread, rather than hijacking other threads. This issue could have been avoided if someone had actually read what Mr Moderator had to say and had started a thread for us to stick.

Jetphotos.net Shots
Airliners.net Shots
Closed Thread