Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd December 2008, 10:56 PM

Default very late Air Canada arrival

I was very surprised to just see an Air Canada 777 on short finals to 16R a few minutes ago (11.40pm). Checked on the Sydney Arport website to find that it was AC33 that was due in at 10.05 this morning. I know that the area in the general area of Vancouver has had some pretty lage snowstorms, so I can only assume it was a special dispensation for such a late arrival. Checked the Air Canada departures for tomorrow (Wednesday) and there is an AC34 scheduled at 12pm cancelled and another listing for AC34 with a 12pm departure listed as going which I assumed meant that the incoming flight tomorrow was cancelled and the plane that just arrived will be doing the return flight. BUT there is also an AC33 arrival listed as coming in at 11.35 tomorrow, an hour and a half late. By my mathematics that will leave an extra Air Canada aircraft sitting on the ground tomorrow (if all that makes sense). Perhaps we'll just have to wait and see what arrivals and departures eventuate.
Old 24th December 2008, 06:14 AM

They did well to get the permission outside the curfew. The aircraft is sitting over near the M5 - the service on Monday was cancelled/delayed so I assume this is a flow on effect, plus the snow storms in Canada.
Old 24th December 2008, 01:04 PM

Question Wasn't showing on Webtrak last night

That flight is showing up now in Webtrak but when I looked between 12.20 and 1.00 am this morning, having wondered what a/c broke the curfew flying over my place at 11.39 pm, it was not showing under 'current' after the 40 minute delay period, and as at 1.00 am was still not showing up in a replay of the period from 11.30 to 11.45 pm. I wonder if Webtrak data is only updated overnight after the curfew?

The BAe 146 SYD-BNE flight that departed just before AC33 landed was not showing on Webtrak last night either.