View Single Post
Old 7th January 2013, 08:41 PM

The empty cabin

The refreshment for the flight was a mini breadroll with ham, some carrot pieces, some soy crisps, cheese dip and a little piece of dark chocolate, and the usual drinks choices.

Cruising

Descending

My empty row

Sunset

We were put into a holding pattern for 10 minutes, not too bad compared to some holds aircraft experience at BNE

The lights of Brisbane as we continue our descent

Brisbane CBD

I took a video of the landing, I haven’t uploaded it to Youtube yet, I will try to do it tonight and will post a link to it. We arrived on-time and taxied to our gate. I disembarked and made my way to the pickup area where my mum picked me up and took me home.

Conclusion:

I had yet another very enjoyable daytrip. I very much enjoyed the Boeing 717 I thought it was a very nice plane and I would love to fly on more in the future. The flight home was my favourite because of the light load having 7 rows to myself

I was a little worried that 5 hours and 30 minutes would be too much time in Gladstone but it was fine. Luckily there was the 737 on a FIFO charter which was good to see as well as a few other good movements, so I ended up having a good time. Thanks for reading.

Next trip for me is on February 2 to Sydney for the day with Tiger Airways as I managed to get a return trip for about $70!