View Single Post
Old 30th January 2013, 03:24 PM

Location: South Western Sydney under the approach path of YBSK
Default SYD-MEL-SYD 25th-27th (australia open womens finals pics)

Hello Everyone,

Well as you all know the Australian open has to come to an end. I was over Melbourne on the 25th to the 27th for the womens final and on the way I picked a Nikon D800. Yes I know it’s not an aviation spotter camera but 36mp is like 1.4x tele-converter with you all the time. I stayed at the vibe savoy since it was very close to Southern Cross Station where all Skybus buses terminate.
Departure
January 25th, 2013
Qantas
QF415
VH-OGS Boeing 767-300
Seat 52F

Arrived at the airport at 7:35am. Just 5 minutes before check in cutoff. There was a trafic jam on the M5. This was the fastest I've gone through check-in and security. I went through in under 3 minutes.

Boarded the aircraft on-time at 7:40am. I didn't get a window seat

The plane I was flying was VH-OGS, which was fitted with the new Q stream system with ipad and reupholstered seats.

Catching up on my aviation news during take off.

The remains of my breakfast. Qantas has seemed to downsize the breakfast since the last time I had breakfast service with them. No more hot stuff but overall still good.

A clean toilet

Cabin shot. Everyone is into the new ipad even though its only a hour flight.

Q streaming perfectly. Me listening to Carly Rae Jepsen new album.

Arrived in Melbourne on time. Taking the skybus to southern cross station. I think the Q streaming is a very nice addition to the aging 767 fleet and will bring it up to the standards of the A330s

The first thing i did was drop my bags of at Vibe hotel. I then headed out to JB Hi Fi to get my D800. From now on all the shots are from the D800.
Continue reading

Last edited by Alexander.L; 30th January 2013 at 03:40 PM.