View Single Post
Old 12th February 2009, 08:40 PM

Fruit Plate, croissant and banana bread to start with the Brunch

The main course of today’s brunch is Rivioli with Mushroom, the serving was quite small but the taste exceeded most Italian Restaurants. The other choice being Scramble Eggs with Smoke Salmon.

After the meal service, I head down to the bar, which located at the very end of the upper deck. There were lot of people and the bartender is happy to serve any drinks you name it.

There are a lot of room around the bar and one can sit down on the four seater on each side and there is a large LCD TV with in-flight map and news showing. Personally, I think this is an excellent feature, it offers ample room for people who want to socialize and moves around during a long haul flight. I have experienced the upper class bar of Virgin Atlantic on a few occasions but given the incredible space of the A380, Emirates has the nicest bar in the sky!

View of 41,000 feet above the Tasman Sea from the bar.

After the bar, I returned to the seat and listened to some relaxing music while browse the latest ICE offering. I found the airshow excellent in graphics and very informative. It displays the Rego of the plane (one will never look out the window now!), all the standard cruising info and an interactive map of the plane’s position. (360 degrees)

The Seat (Business)

I founded the window seat on A380 very private. Every seat in Business class have its own aisle access without tripping over any neighbours. Window seat A and K offer the best privacy. The aisle seat can feel more cramp due to the near proximity to the aisle. The 2 seater in the middle (D and E) are also great for pairs tavelling.

The seat also come with massage function (waves, pulse, regular , zig zag...) with different area and intensity. When in fully flat position, my feet does not touch the wall. It fits a 1.95 m tall person with no problem in fully flat mode!

After 2 hrs 30 minutes from Sydney, we start to descend into Auckland Int’l.

A view of New Zealand shores.

Short approach on Rwy 23L on a glorious day in Auckland. A huge amount of crowd turned up in the viewing area (not visible in the photo)

EK412 finally touch down around 13:47 local time in Auckland. The plane touched down gently although I feel it “fishtailed” during landing a bit. We rolled all the way till the end of Rwy23L and head to Gate 15. We received a very warm welcome by the Auckland airport Fire Brigade, a great water cannon salute resulted the glass being washed and wet.