Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Technical > Flying and Technical Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th March 2009, 06:59 AM

Default O/T: Brawn GP Celebrates Getting Sir Richard Branson on Board

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5980935.ece

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here up until now.

It looked like a last minute deal for sure with hastily applied Virgin decals added to a the cars. When interviewed, SRB addded there is more news to come, both visibility from the Virgin brand with the Brawn Team and as speculated by the Television commentators, perhaps ownership participation and the name of the team. Perhaps Virgin Brawn F1 or similar.

I must say, how lucky is this bloke? He signs up late to support the team and next thing you know, they've qualified one-two and then also finished the race one-two. Unbelievable, especially where they were only a couple of months ago when Honda pulled out.
Old 30th March 2009, 07:53 AM

I dont 100% believe that this was a last minute decision by Branson.

Its quite well known that he is the master of PR, and a "late" announcement would just generate so much publicity, which it completely suceeded at doing

All in all im just happy that F1 is finally exciting! Jenson and Rubens back into it. So so very happy!

I wonder if the cars will stay the white/fluro green or when are we seeing the Virgin colors? They would look awesome.
Old 30th March 2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S View Post
I wonder if the cars will stay the white/fluro green or when are we seeing the Virgin colors? They would look awesome.
If they go with a Virgin Atlantic scheme the colours will be very similar to the Vodaphone team. I suggest a Virgin Blue livery, after all it is the largest fleet worldwide to carry the Virgin branding Who knows, maybe a one off for next years Australian GP............Please
Old 30th March 2009, 08:10 PM

Im sure there will be some sort of livery change, but most likely once they head back to Europe.
Old 31st March 2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl M View Post
Im sure there will be some sort of livery change, but most likely once they head back to Europe.
It's an interesting story actually...Virgin emailed the logo's from London to Melbourne at the last minute, and somehow got them printed off in time lol!

Some more news out is that Branson has only signed a deal for the first 2 race weekends (Aus and Malaysia) at $250,000 per weekend.

Something more..."complete" will be announced soon. (ie next 2 weeks)