Sydney Airport Message Board Sydney Airport Message Board  

Go Back   Sydney Airport Message Board > Spotting and Movements > Spotting and Movements
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2010, 03:14 PM

Default Ladders at the beach

Hi all

Have the day off work tomorrow, and was thinking of reacquainting myself with my aviation interest and head out for some spotting and photography at the airport tomorrow. It's been a long time since I've done so, and the scene has changed alot since!

I assume I'll work my way around between spots as the light changes, starting at the mound, foreshore road, Krispy Kreme donuts, Qantas drive, then settle at the beach for the rest of the afternoon, depending on where the planes are departing/arriving on.

My main query, it is still ok to bring a ladder to the beach spot along the fence, and prop it there? I've been hearing stories about security ushering people along or at least asking them to move it a few metres behind the fence. I mainly ask to decide whether I drag it along tomorrow or not. Many years ago, I managed alright with two milk crates :P

Hope the weather is as good tomorrow as it is today. Hoping to add to the collection some photos of SAABs, Jetstreams, Tiger Airways Airbuses, Jungle Jets, the odd QF A380 and anything else abit exotic to add to the albums

Many thanks for the advice, and if anyone's about tomorrow, I'm an asian bloke and wearing my #3 Red Spot NYC Subway shirt, by all means say hi!